11 day old kit with yellow soft poop

teddimas

Just born
Reaction score
Hello, I am going in circles reading about what this may or may not be...I have an 11 day old kit that is very energetic, grooming itself here and there, and feeding well. However, just this morning she developed a sticky yellow poop that has been consistent through the day. She was pooping tiny, tiny pellets before. Any advice? I am going to try to give her either acidophillus or ACV? Are there any antibiotics I can use IF this is bacterial? We raise goats/sheep/cattle/hogs/ducks/chickens. The rabbits kind of fell into our hands, and we are far less experienced with them! Any advice would be WONDERFUL. I will add a picture soon.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH and I'm sorry to hear it is an animal health issue that brought you to us.

Is this the only rabbit with soft yellow poops?
What are you feeding the rabbits?
Has there been any change in diet?
I presume the mom rabbit is feeding the kits, yes?
Any rabbit sneezing or runny noses or weepy eyes?
When you pick up the sick kit, does it sound sloshy?

I'd take out anything you've been feeding the rabbits(s) with the exception of hay and rabbit pellets, not goat pellets or any other animal pellets.

The kits are of the age when they are getting mobile and mouthing/eating whatever come within range. Greens, like grass or lettuce or leaves, are not appropriate at this age.

I don't suppose, and I am no vet, nor does my evil twin play one on TV, but it might be prudent to corid all your rabbits... just in case it is coccidiosis.

Here is the how to that I pulled off another thread here on BYH

Corid(aka Amprol)
Corid is a coccidiastat.
Treats: parasitic eradication for Coccidiosis (aka Coccidia)
Dose 1: prevent: mix 1teaspoon per gallon water; give as drinking water – 5 days on / 5 off / 5 on
Dose 2: treat: mix as directed above, give for 21 consecutive days
The original poster said it was for the 20% powder.

Hope that helps, please keep us posted on how the wee one is doing.

I'm sure other rabbit folk will reply too.