12 week old Nigerian dwarf wether banding problem

Slrowe

Just born
Reaction score
This little guy was banded before we picked him up three weeks ago. Today I noticed blood on his hind legs. The band finally fell off, but he has some tissue still hanging on. We washed him up and sprayed blu-kote on the area. It has stopped bleeding and he’s eating and drinking ok. We have him inside in a clean crate with fresh bedding for now. Is there anything else we should do? Do you think this requires a vet? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m worried about him.

Thank you!
E4B6D858-DB80-4A1C-9231-C34EA3A2FEBD.jpeg

Slrowe

Just born
Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up and say that I contacted a vet and sent this picture. She said to tie some dental floss around the base of the tissue near the abdomen and it will be fine. There was a little bleeding after we did that, but he didn’t even flinch when I tied it.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up and say that I contacted a vet and sent this picture. She said to tie some dental floss around the base of the tissue near the abdomen and it will be fine. There was a little bleeding after we did that, but he didn’t even flinch when I tied it.
Great update. Thanks

Latest posts