1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. 2019 What's up with my bucks hair? - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

1st batch of goat's feta a success!

Discussion in 'Recipes and Kitchen Tips' started by woodsie, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Aug 22, 2013
    woodsie

woodsie Loving the herd life

I made a big batch of goat's feta for the first time and was hoping it would turn out....and it did! Just in time for the garden tomatoes to ripen too! My 5 year old culinary adventurist is having her second helping for BREAKFAST! She's such a funny kid...the only kid that begs there mom to not take them out for dinner because she NEEDS something HOMEMADE!!! and we rarely go out anyhow compared to most families. Gotta love that kind of passion for wholesome things in a 5 year old...now if only she would rub off on her lil sis. :p

2. Aug 22, 2013
    bonbean01

bonbean01 Herd Master

I love feta cheese....yummmmmmmm...congrats!!!! I have hair sheep, but reading this...very tempted to get some milk goats!!!

3. Aug 22, 2013
    woodsie

woodsie Loving the herd life

Best feta I've ever had and I eat a lot of the stuff...I think the secret was using the whey and making that into the brine you store it in. So flavourul and smooth, and crumbled just right.

Bonbean you should get some millk goats...I keep mine with my hairsheep and they seem to work together just fine. I just put the goat minerals up higher where the goats can jump onto a platform but the sheep don't attempt. They definitely have two different groups but haven't had an issues keeping them together so far.