savanna

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Great. Thank you.

Reactions: TAH

savanna

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
So I've been looking around on ways to get him to stop screaming. Every time he's alone he screams for ever. I can't have him screaming like that anymore. So I was looking around and people say that trying a bark collar might help. My dog has one so I thought maybe I'd try it. I wanted to see what you all thought first. It's a remote controlled one that has 7 levels of shock. I think maybe I should try at 1 and work up from there. My chihuahua is on 3 and she doesn't bat an eye at it. They say it's no different then if there was a hot wire fence. I just can't have him scream like that when people aren't around. So what do you all think?

savanna

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Oh and would it also help to get him to stop beating up the other animals? Dandy the other goat can't even be in the same pen with him.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you tried keeping next to each other in a different cage? For the screaming, I would do training like you would for a goat. The way they normally train a goat for that is, give you goat a treat and go-away for a minute, but you want to be back before he starts screaming, when you get back if he does not scream give him a treat and tell him what you want from him. If he screams when he sees you leave try petting him and telling him it is okay and try again. Something that might also help is training him fun tricks. The method of training that i use is clicker training.

savanna

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Update on jack. He is such a fun goat. The only problem with him now is that he has some mean moments with poor little dandy. He hurts him with his horns. So I need to find a way to stop that. I read that you can band the horns and they'll fall off. Is that true? I don't know what to do.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 106

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Update on jack. He is such a fun goat. The only problem with him now is that he has some mean moments with poor little dandy. He hurts him with his horns. So I need to find a way to stop that. I read that you can band the horns and they'll fall off. Is that true? I don't know what to do.
@BlessedWithGoats has banded her goats horns. I her in so she can help.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a cutie is has turned out to be.

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
It took a few months for the horns to fall off when I banded some of my goats' horns, but they've all lost theirs except Buttercup! I believe I did hers too young, and her horns grew more. :T Her horns will probably be re-banded in the future, Lord Willing. I will attach the link to my journal where I posted detailed pics, feel free to look through them if you like! :)

http://www.backyardherds.com/thread...nal-dehorning-update.31042/page-7#post-417087

Latest posts