2 Day old kid-NOT DOING WELL

SLC1013

Just born
Reaction score
Thank you all for your wonderful comments and all the great suggestions you gave. Sadly, he didn’t make it. I had him warming up on heating pad and when I went to check his temp and try to rub him to stimulate him, I realized he wasn’t breathing. It was a sad thing to have happen but he was suffering and in a way I’m glad he isn’t now. We buried him that evening. I do have a quick question about his brothers. Mom seems to have picked one of the two boys as a favorite and is butting and pushing the other boy away. When he tries to nurse she allows it for just a few seconds then pushes him roughly away. He is very lively and looks and acts very healthy so I know he is eating some but I’m worried about how she is acting towards him. Any idea why she would be like this? The two kids have been with her since birth so no separation. Thanks again for everything.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would take the boy she is rejecting and bottle feed him, that way you will know how much he is eating and mom will settle in with her " chosen" kid...their is a reason why she is rejecting kids..one being they may not be healthy, or she isn't able to feed them both ??? Others may make different suggestions for you...do what you feel comfortable with..
Very sorry about your loosing the first kid, you did your best trying to save him :hugs