2 Day old kid-NOT DOING WELL

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
We do keep two kinds of mineral blocks in their pen at all times. Can’t remember what all is in them at the moment but they were recommended by feed store. I’m worried he may be having seizures he keeps thrashing his legs stiffly.
We just went through that with a set of triplets two weeks ago, after throwing the " kitchen sink" and everything we could at her , she passed, ...so sorry that you are having to go through this struggle to try and do the best that you can to keep her alive and comfortable :hugs

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We just went through that with a set of triplets two weeks ago, after throwing the " kitchen sink" and everything we could at her , she passed, ...so sorry that you are having to go through this struggle to try and do the best that you can to keep her alive and comfortable :hugs
Aw so sorry for you loss my method sounds mean but all my babies have survived from it

SLC1013

Just born
Reaction score
What about these mini seizures? Any ideas what would cause that

SLC1013

Just born
Reaction score
Yeah I found my heating pad so got him on that now. I also gave some nutrical in his mouth but don’t know if it was enough or would help anyway. I feel like there’s way more to this than just being cold. Have you seen does sort of abandon weaker sick kids? I feel like that’s what she did right from the beginning.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you are able to get her up to temperature and the inside of her mouth is warm (not cold or cool) you can try a little milk, ...I used liquid vitamin B on that little girl, first arrival, extra colostrum, ...finally LA 200 as she started having respiratory issues....it's really a difficult situation if the doe rejected it, mom's know when something isn't right with their kid....
I am not suggesting that you give up hope by any means, just be prepared for the worst case ending....sometimes all you can do is get them warm and comfortable and give them love....nature often takes care of the rest :(

SLC1013

Just born
Reaction score
Thank you for the great info. I am prepared for the possibility of a bad ending. He’s for sure having small seizures every few minutes. Eyes almost roll back. Legs kicking like he’s running but stiff. Neck thrown back. Not looking good at all.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aw so sorry for you loss my method sounds mean but all my babies have survived from it
That is a normal method of warming a kid, just put it in a plastic bag with the head out and get it in warm water,...ovens have been used, hair dryers, laying by the fire place or wood stove.ya do what ya got on hand....heck I have popped MANY cold newborn kits into my bra...heat is heat lol :love

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the great info. I am prepared for the possibility of a bad ending. He’s for sure having small seizures every few minutes. Eyes almost roll back. Legs kicking like he’s running but stiff. Neck thrown back. Not looking good at all.
Do what your heart tells you to do :hugs
I will admit that I have taken mercy and ended the suffering for a animal, ....please keep us updated on how you BOTH are doing and hang in there, ....it's never easy going through a situation like this ...

Last edited:

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Do what your heart tells you to do :hugs
I will admit that I have taken mercy and ended the suffering for a animal, ....please keep us updated on how you BOTH are doing and hang in there, ....it's never easy going through a situation like this ...
I would say end his suffering ok I know it hard thing to do but think about your animal but still do what your heart tells you to do 😍 :hugs

Latest posts