2 week old bottle calf

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Also, most electrolytes do not mix well with the milk. The packages will say NOT to mix in the milk. If you do feed any follow the directions. The formulas do not mix well with the replacer and can actually give them a more upset stomach. When I have fed electrolytes, I will cut the milk feeding in half, then feed the electrolytes about 4-5 hours later, then milk again another 4-5 hours later. They will get the best absorption and utilization from them milk and electrolytes being spread out.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I definitely agree about the buddy....when we first bought two calves, then lost one to pneumonia...the second was very sad. We knew we had to act quick to get more for him. Now the calf was in with the goats..,but the goats though5 he was some freak of nature! So, we moved fast and went right out and bough5 two more. This will sound awful..bu5 we bough5 two..just in case? After losing one..we were terrified. So we bough5 the biggest one there...he was alread6 eating grain and hay when we got him. We also got the cutest one..we’re suckers for cute..,❤️ And, the vet had prepared us for the meds we’d need to give right away. But, when we brought the new guys home, it gave our poor calf a new spark again! He got so excited to see more guys just like him! So, maybe @farmerjan ...we’ll, no, of course she is !

Latest posts