...2 weeks early...2 and 3...and 4

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So I was just finishing up on some morning paperwork and thought I should check on #4...Only to find she had kidded, twin girls. Both are correct and 2 teated, imagine that...She is another first timer.Both doelings will be registered, USBGA, and I will be keeping them...Just goes to show you how much a good herdsire is worth...
490_170.jpg

2 does left in this group but they are still a couple weeks away, and first timers as well...then done til march...All these kids save 1 this fall were sired by my Ivan buck...He is over there<----...the kid with the solid colored front leg, from a previous doe is Jakes first kid, and he will be the sire of the last 2 sets of kids as well...Old Ivan had quite a fall run...16 kids from 10 does, 9 doelings and 7 bucklings with 6 sets of twins, some from first time kidders....
Moral of the story: Buy the best buck you can find...you will be happy you did every time one of your does throws a set of healthy twins...JMO...but what do I know

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
I like the one with the light brown head.
Now you understand why it would be hard to make the decision to get rid of Ivan?

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of solid-colored meat goats, but....yeah....that little red doe's awful purty. :hide

:D

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
I'm not a fan of solid-colored meat goats, but....yeah....that little red doe's awful purty. :hide

:D
I'm not either but the red gene is a remnant of the solid red buck that I used several years ago. At the time it seemed like the right thing to do, what with the "red trend" but it amounted to sacrificing size for color. Now after a few years back to a giant sized traditional bucks, the colored kids are starting to get bigger and fewer. I have 2 solid does and 1 paint. I'll keep this one, plus 2 from an earlier group to make 6 total "red" goats.
I have found that a BIG colored wether will get a second look from a judge at a show, and sometimes that is all it takes to win a class, providing they have the frame and conformation....one of the reasons I will be wethering the fb buck kid with the solid colored front leg, something different sometimes wins....and colored kids are REALLY easy to sell, especially when they are registered.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
()relics said:
jodief100 said:
I like the one with the light brown head.
Now you understand why it would be hard to make the decision to get rid of Ivan?
Absolutly! I should send you a picture of Diaz, the boy I bought. 10 months old and about 180 lbs. He got right to work, brought 6 of my does into heat in 1 day and 4 more 2 days later.

Too bad you are keeping those two girls......