2016 Horse Show (compete for Horse of the Year award)

What do you think of this contest?

• You'll never get any entries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't stand a chance winning!

• Nice contest, but I'm not entering.

• Total voters

CinnamonEli

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So, I saw that there hasn't been an online horse show for a while on here. Time to change that!

Your horse (and horse's photo)will be judged on:
*cleanliness of your horse
*attitude/mood of your horse
*overall cleanliness and uncluttered background

Things your horse will NOT be judged on:
*How expensive or fancy the tack is
*How expensive or fancy he/she is
*How expensive or fancy your barn/property is

Here's how to enter:

Photo:
Your username:
Horse's name:
Horse's Age:
Horse's Gender:
Horse's breed:
How long you've had this specific horse:
How you met this horse:
Category:

Categories ARE: funny horse, beautiful horse, mean horse, friendliest horse. Your horse MUST be entered in ONE of the above!
Judging Process, Rules, and End Date:
Entries for this contest close at midnight Eastern time on July 29, 2016. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Winners (Top 10 finalists) will be posted August 1. Dates may be extended due to lack of entries.
ONLY THREE (3) ENTRIES PER PERSON ALLOWED.
You MUST be truthful about your horse's "how we met" story, the personality, and you must actually OWN, RIDE, or TAKE CARE of the horse you enter.

Ten (10) finalists will be chosen in the first part of the competition. These 10 finalists will then be entered into the secondary comptition and be narrowed down to five (5) finalists. Out of these five, there will be a third comptition and the final winner will be chosen and two toehrs will be honorable mention.

Let's see your horse pictures!

Reactions: TAH

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is Joe. He is a Quarter Horse gelding and is 27 years old. We've had him for 20 years. He is a cremello color and has blue eyes. At the time he was born, the Quarter Horse registry didn't accept white horses, so he was registered as a Paint. This picture is with Trip, our Great Pyrenees/Maremma LGD. Trip and Parker, our black Lab/Great Dane, had chased a snake into the clump of grass to the left, under the cedar trees, and Trip wouldn't leave the fence until I investigated and found the snake. It was a very long rat snake, my husband got a stick and tossed it over the fence. I snapped this picture of Trip licking Joe's nose afterward.

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

I will enter Joe as Friendliest Horse.

Joe appeared in a pasture next to a house my husband and I rented when we first got married. I drove up after work and saw this white, skinny, cut up horse standing in the pasture, three legged and his lower lip hanging down. He looked so pitiful. I went straight to the fence and Joe limped to the fence, hung his head over and I just hugged him. My husband watched me falling in love with this skinny horse.

A couple of weeks later, my husband was at the neighbor's when Joe's owner showed up. After a few choice words on the way he treated his horse, my husband offered to buy Joe. Joe's owner agreed, and Joe became ours.

Over the years, Joe has given many a child a ride. He spent an afternoon with a friend's 89 year old father astride his saddle, posing for pictures and making an old man happy. He unties knots, opens gates and loves attention. He is sweet, gentle, and is the love of my life.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is Maya.

She's a '96 model Trakehner mare. We've been together for almost ten years now.

Saint Mayas Girl aka Maya is the best babysitting, kid loving horse I've ever had. She's super sweet, loves getting pampered, and is enjoying her retirement in my pasture of misfits. I don't give the horse that saved me enough credit.

Maya is the first horse (other than my main mare Mama) that I rode after I broke my back. She was so sweet, gentle, and caring I just knew we were going to be together forever. I purchased her for next to nothing and brought her home. Maya helped me heal by letting me take it slow. She understood my pain. She treated me like royalty.
FB_IMG_1466656221236.jpg
FB_IMG_1466656190789.jpg

She has two old bows in her knees from being started hard in a career of jumping. She moves slowly these days, but we love her anyway.

Maya has taught many children to ride. She's a gentle soul.

And she's gorgeous to boot.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is Maya.

Saint Mayas Girl aka Maya is the best babysitting, kid loving horse I've ever had. She's super sweet, loves getting pampered, and is enjoying her retirement in my pasture of misfits. I don't give the horse that saved me enough credit.

Maya is the first horse (other than my main mare Mama) that I rode after I broke my back. She was so sweet, gentle, and caring I just knew we were going to be together forever. I purchased her for next to nothing and brought her home. Maya helped me heal by letting me take it slow. She understood my pain. She treated me like royalty. View attachment 19112 View attachment 19113

She has two old bows in her knees from being started hard in a career of jumping. She moves slowly these days, but we love her anyway.

What category are you entering her?

CinnamonEli

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is Maya.

Maya is the first horse (other than my main mare Mama) that I rode after I broke my back. She was so sweet, gentle, and caring I just knew we were going to be together forever. I purchased her for next to nothing and brought her home. Maya helped me heal by letting me take it slow. She understood my pain. She treated me like royalty. View attachment 19112 View attachment 19113

Thanks for entering!

Thought I quoted @Baymule too, but I'm still learning my way 'round the site.

@Baymule do you still ride Joe?
@Ferguson K love Maya's pictures!

CinnamonEli

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes I do, very gently and not for long distances, but he still likes to go for a ride. Joe has 2 speeds--SLOW and STOP!
That's amazing that you can still ride him. My girl is 20 or 21. Real age is unknown, but they think she was 18 or 19 When I got her two years ago. I hope to keep riding her till she refuses to let me on her back. She's lazy, but she has some spunk, too.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's amazing that you can still ride him. My girl is 20 or 21. Real age is unknown, but they think she was 18 or 19 When I got her two years ago. I hope to keep riding her till she refuses to let me on her back. She's lazy, but she has some spunk, too.
Why won't she let you on her back? That seems like to me she may be in pain.

CinnamonEli

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Why won't she let you on her back? That seems like to me she may be in pain.
She does let me on her back, but I meant I'll ride her till it's clearly visible that she no longer wants me to ride her. There's nothing wrong with her. She lives going for rides.