2017 ADGA Nationals

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Someday when I've been around more goats and shows, I might get the know how to actually express my reasoning.

I went to an ADGA judge's training one day, not to learn to judge but to help parade goats around for hours on end. It was very informative to listen to the reasons for placement from the prospective judges and then to listen to reasons from the seasoned judges. I learned more that day about what makes a "good" goat than I have every learned by attending a show. I don't show my goats but it was still a useful experience.

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I went to an ADGA judge's training one day, not to learn to judge but to help parade goats around for hours on end.

WOW! That sounds like a great opportunity to gather information.

Last edited:

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I found their reasons to be very interesting. While there is some "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" they did have to give a reason for choosing the way they did and it wasn't just "because I like that one better". There is actually some thought to it and a point system for traits/faults. Made me understand why 4H and FFA teach oral reasons too.