2017, Waiting on Lambs ♡

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Creep feed area up & more hay stacked. Set until true spring shows up to grow the grass.
It's so...beige....lol.
2017-03-18 18.42.05.jpg

mysunwolf

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our creep feed was empty yesterday morning, and then slowly the 2-3 week old lambs started coming up with scours! Ahck. Never had that happen before. In a way it might be best if it was the dog!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's just chopped hay, pelleted hay and then a very tiny amount of grains sprinkled in. Second year trying to grain them so I can make them a bit more friendly.

Many are already grazing and chewing cud like cute micro versions of the adults. Though, they look very smug when lounging and chewing cud!

Funny thing, dogs love pelleted hay, so I wouldn't be surprised if they scarffed it all down.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Found out my transporter told people about me. Explains why I can't keep up with demand! Lol

I was thinking of just getting one more new ram and castrating Billy so I can keep him for his wool. But now, I think I need to bring in a few more new ewes from out west! Keeping 2 or 3 back of my own won't be enough, lol!

But that brings up a dilemma, as I need to get the fence on the new land finished this year...but clearly also need more ewes...Oh goodness...I wonder if I should try and get people to invest so I can buy sheep and then return w/profit to them in a year or two...hmmm...

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alright, so game camera confirmed that the rats have repopulated, carp!
Birds come during the day, ewes find a way to just hardly reach, dogs try to get in but fail and one lamb went in this morning, but no food left by then.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I came back with traps and what do I find?
Patchie bent the metal section, then had her head shoved in the wood pallet and ate everything. =/

So I redid the creep area. Braced the metal panel, used a pallet to brace against the wall & front panels. Shouldn't be able to get to it now...

I can't use poison, since the dogs chew the rats and don't want one to fall into water and somehow poison everyone. =/

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
All new moms w/lambs are out.
5 ewes left.

Been noticing lots of ads for Babydoll wool, not coated, and they are going for nearly twice as much, or more, than I sell them for! I've been looking into coats since last fall, hoping to have a few made for some of the sheep to wear starting this fall.