Herd Master
Reaction score
Loaded up and coming my way!
received_10214199987106639.jpeg
received_10214199955145840.jpeg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chocolate surprised me with TWINS! She's always had singles!
And it's a M/F pair! One of them looks to have bits of white, too! And of course....they are black!

Then Lolla lambed! An ewe lamb, shot right out! Also has a touch of white on her! Then Lolla had a ram born! She also has only ever had singles!!
But he is having trouble breathing....=/

So, 4 new BLACK lambs!

Lolla's ewe lamb I am keeping to replace her.

Chocolate's ewe lamb I'll offer for sale, since I'm not selling Billy, so I can repeat the breeding.

Chocolate's lambs are sired by Billy and can be NABSSAR registered. They are codon RR.

Lolla's lambs are sired by Billy and can be NABSSAR registered. They need codon testing though.

I hope the little ram improves soon.

Lolla's lambs.
20180310_114251.jpg

Chocolate n lambs
20180310_104206.jpg

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hate that you’ve had so many touch and go issues this year. Will say a prayer for your little ram!

Glad you got a replacement for Lolla though.

Very cute lambs! Making me wonder if I should add some sheep too...:hide DH is going to ban me from BYH for all the ideas (and arguments for those ideas) I get from here! :clap

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
He still hasn't gotten up. Milked mom and fed it to him, but he has trouble with that as well.

This is Lolla's ewe lamb's white spot, real small, but goes down to skin, and I think it's actually grey.
20180310_110913.jpg

Chocolate's ewe lamb has lots of longer hairs, it's making me think I should keep her to find out what happens.

Decided to sell Malaka, Marley's ewe. Did I already post that? She'd go with two rams, Anat & Jajirobe.

Might also have a pet home for two other rams, waiting to hear back. Two out of these three- Ginyu, Daizenshuu and Korin.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't believe how many black lambs I've had born this year! Out of 17 lambs born in total so far, only one was white.
6 ewes, 11 rams. 2 ewe losses and 1 ram loss, which might creep up to 2, if Lolla's ram doesn't get up soon....

Three mature ewes left to lamb! Surry seems like she might go soon, she's isolated herself some, but still pigging out and no sunken sides yet. (Yesterday, Chocolate looked like she would lamb the next day, she did). Marshmallow & Latte don't really look close yet. Marsh & Surry are my last hopes for white lambs and I really hope they are ewes to boot.

What a stressful year.