2019, Waiting on lambs!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Buying hay......Hay guy still has yet to show to cut n bale the pasture.....It is so dry, straw-like. Ugh. I'd have to have him leave a ton more because they will waste a ton of it. =/
Bye bye 1200! :(
Also need to buy some wood pallets.
Oh, and it's going to rain for the next 2wks....So he missed the 2~ week dry window. I'm not happy.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looking through the flock, I will start selling mature, proven ewes either this summer or the next. Will post more about it tomorrow when I look it over further.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay, so I have two daughters out of Chocolate. If she has another eweling this year, I'll keep the lamb & sell Chocolate.

Next I have one daughter each out of Shelly, Vanilla, Addie, Marley, Patchie & Ewenique. Will be keeping an eweling from each until I have two each from two separate sires. Then the dams will be sold, as soon as summer 2020, if they have ewelings this spring and the next.

Last is Guinevere & Periwinkle with zero kept ewelings out of them. Once I have three each from separate sires, the dams will be for sale.

I think I'll keep up with this method for awhile. I'll sell any of the ewelings if they end up not fitting my preferences once they're mature.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got a load in, ordered 200 bales, more on the way.
I hate buying hay...
20181031_122203.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
One more delivery to go!

And Vanilla was marked today. So didn't catch the first time. =/ I wonder how many others didn't catch...Still waiting on Lucia and Matilda.

Krillin is breaking fencing as he argues with Billy's girls. :rolleyes:

Gave the ewe lambs the new, soft, clean, awesome hay...They turned up their noses at it. Snobs!!

There's room if my hay guy decides to show up...
20181031_152236.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheep are fully on hay for about two weeks now, ugh. 1-1.5 bales a day for them. All that rain has caused so much trouble and in so many different ways. :hit
Lambs are up to graining being fed 3x a day. About 3/4-1 cup per lamb each feeding. Next weigh-in, I may decide to up their amount again.

Going to buy a roll or four of 3ft snow fence to use as moveable fencing on the new land. Tons of green in there, hopefully that keeps them from escaping. And fenced because I do not want them on the half near the neighbor. He sprays obsessively every Sunday for weeds and I believe that is why I had 3 problem lambs born. If no one has issues this spring, I'll know it is the weed killer to blame.
Glad I didn't put the horse track over there, it'd be horrible if it effects their health or kills them. :somad

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Eloise bred again, then Marshmallow. Adjusted 3 of their harnesses after seeing Michaelis' crayon flopped to the side while trying to breed Marsh.
Patchie looks lightly marked.