2020, Waiting on Lambs!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you on Facebook though? There's a 'Fleeces and Fibers' group, and I know there's a couple spinning groups, might be better able to market the wool there. Or find reenactment group who might want to be able to process from start to finish.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Etsy looks like a hassle to setup and deal with the fees. Don't have friends, family doesn't wear wool.
Etsy actually isn't that bad. If you get someone to send you a referral email (I can if you'd like) and set up your Etsy site using the referral, that will give you some free listings to start with. The most hassle I had is regarding shipping, you need to know exactly how much your item weighs in the packaging so you don't lose money on shipping. Selling things that fit in flat rate USPS boxes makes figuring the shipping easier.

Etsy charges a fee to list an item, but your listing stays active for quite some time. They do also take a bit of the sale, I don't recall offhand what that was but it was percentage based. They also have it set up where you can buy your postage through Etsy and print at home, but I found it was costing me more to do that than just drive to the post office and get the postage there.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
A local writer contacted us about using my sheep for his border collie for training
Supposedly, his 4 sheep are already dog broke & he needs new guinea pigs...
Cheaper to buy sheep than pay for any of mine, if anything goes south.
IDK why people love road frontage so much, it's such a hassle & causes increased taxes.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Saola, didn't recognize her for a second & had to look up her parents, as I couldn't remember.
Sire Wooly Bully & Dam Chocolate.
Ah, that explains why she looked familiar, but also not. Didn't own the sire for long, didn't like his build, and I sold her mom, but that's why she was still familiar.
Turning out better than I thought!
Not a bad sire when paired with a good dam.
20200804_194016.jpg