2020, Waiting on Lambs!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did general plants a few years ago, I think, or flowers...I'll have to look to be sure.

Around 28 lambs expected.
Seems I end up with roughly 50/50 on ewes & rams. Nearly all ewes get registered, not sure on rams, that can be all over the place. Have lots of wether buyers this year.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
My mother is helping to pay for the new hay/equipment building.
Seems MIL found out about it and that my mum will be covering wood barn(sheep) repairs, too. MIL wants to pay for that instead, so guy she knew that fixes buildings just left. He'll give her a quote and if approved, he'll setup when he can start the job with me.
Hopefully, it's not too much and it can be done. :)

I'm still searching for a guy to level some ground. First was a scammer, 2nd cost way, way too much. Waiting on a few other quotes. I'm tempted to just try it myself in the mean time...lol.
Application for the building was put in, waiting on gravel delivery confirmation. Once Gov't approves & ground is level, I'll order the building. They say it's a 2-3wk wait,so can't order it early.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wethers 19 & 128 are off to their new home on a hot & humid day! Luckily, they have AC and a short trip!

104 ram & the 3 Georgia girls left to go!
20200606_191222.jpg
20200606_191030.jpg

WyoLiving

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
How many of the windows open on that tractor? Our tractor with a cab has the 2 sides that open, plus the back window will open. It gets hot in there when parked in the sun like that, lol!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
How many of the windows open on that tractor? Our tractor with a cab has the 2 sides that open, plus the back window will open. It gets hot in there when parked in the sun like that, lol!

🤔 Two for sure, but it has AC in it. I'd die otherwise. A vehicle not having AC is a deal breaker for me.

WyoLiving

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ours has air also, and heat lol.
When we bought our first tractor, we lived out in Wyoming and needed something to clear snow from our 600' long driveway.
One of our neighbors had a little tractor and would go and clear the other neighbors driveways for them. His didn't have a cab so he would be bundled up with a scarf over his face and hunched in the seat as he drove around the neighborhood. Looking at him made me feel cold.
My husband started helping to clear out the neighbors when we got our tractor. It was funny to see him driving around with the tractor in just a T shirt, lol. It would get so hot in the cab when it was sunny that he would open the two side windows and take off his coat.