2021, Waiting on lambs!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
photodegradable netting.... report back to us.
April 9th & 11th, the two long sides got the straw rolls. Looks like I posted to FB and not here, or I missed it. So posting now to find it later to update.
Sounds like what you need/want for the sheep is a good 2nd cutting orchard grass hay...
Orchard, timothy, pasture grass & legu mix, as long as it's very soft, leafy, clean, they eat it. Anything else and they become high maintenance, prissy drama queens...
- hay that we sell to horse customers.
I have ponies & minis on a hay only diet. They will eat anything. Yikes! I had to fence off moldy, rotting hay because the idiots were eating it...Stemmy, odd plants mixed in(safe ones) they eat happily. They're not prissy OTTBs, lol.
get 1-2 rolls to the acre,
This is a weird thing for me.
I've watched the field next door for years before we bought it. A ton of bales were removed per cutting. Same when we bought it and managed to get someone to make hay off it. But they always walked around claiming it wasn't worth it and not much would come off. 🙄 Then someone else agrees and they get a lot off it. Lol, wtf.
the heavy deer population here,
They're always taking down my pony track. Redoing it with high tensile and then 2 hot wires. So they will bounce off soon!
Good luck finding the hay you want.
Thanks.
I had a great guy, but quality plummeted in the few years since I first bought from him! :(
had for over 20 years.... they sometimes help unload if
I've always helped unload. It's the worst shyt. I hate it more than you can believe. Squares were created by a demon! Lol. Excellent to easily dish out, but total hell to stack and to pay for. All deliveries have had stacking included, but I always feel weird just standing there, so I help. Same with the feed store. I have to help toss it into the van...lol
I'm in some hay maker groups on FB and OMG, some of them are so nasty towards horse owners! I've blocked several! Hating on your customers and mocking them is a no-no, I won't do business with such people. I can't control how picky my animals are. I've learned a lot about hay from them, too.

" will call within a day or 2 of delivery and say how much and have a check in the mail, and we get it within a
I always pay in cash for nearly everything that's not from a store. Once it's offloaded, cash is handed over.
I don't accept anything else for my sheep, too. Cash at pickup or go to the bank, no if, ands or buts.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Listed the 4 fleeces, now I wait...
20210509_191731.jpg
20210509_192910.jpg
20210509_193456.jpg
20210509_194538.jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The gov declared emergency status.... the computer stuff that was hacked into that shut down the flow of gas etc in the pipeline... Parts of NC have NO GAS at the pumps. I filled up yesterday morning... $2.65. Then went 50 miles & back to farm Mon aft...... Left this morning with neatly 3/4 tank...gas was 2.89 and 2.79 at another place; figured I would fill up this eve after I got back.; went to farm and back and was running on the E so stopped in Greenville (12 miles north of home) to fill up at the BP @ 2.83 because I wasn't sure if I would make it. Got the 10 miles down here to the local stations, and it was $ 3.29...!!!!!!....... That's $.40+ more than this morning. Lucky I stopped and filled before I got right here..... Talk is they will get it back on line by this weekend... but heard from someone that has some relatives working in the industry that it will be up to 3 WEEKS.....
And people wonder why I keep preaching stocking up on stuff.... everything will be going up now with the price of gas / fuel going up.....

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The gov declared emergency status.... the computer stuff that was hacked into that shut down the flow of gas etc in the pipeline... Parts of NC have NO GAS at the pumps. I filled up yesterday morning... $2.65. Then went 50 miles & back to farm Mon aft...... Left this morning with neatly 3/4 tank...gas was 2.89 and 2.79 at another place; figured I would fill up this eve after I got back.; went to farm and back and was running on the E so stopped in Greenville (12 miles north of home) to fill up at the BP @ 2.83 because I wasn't sure if I would make it. Got the 10 miles down here to the local stations, and it was $ 3.29...!!!!!!....... That's $.40+ more than this morning. Lucky I stopped and filled before I got right here..... Talk is they will get it back on line by this weekend... but heard from someone that has some relatives working in the industry that it will be up to 3 WEEKS.....
And people wonder why I keep preaching stocking up on stuff.... everything will be going up now with the price of gas / fuel going up.....
People are being stupid and causing more issues. Where I am, we aren't even supplied by the affected pipeline but people are still driving pickup trucks to the gas station and filling multiple 55 gallon barrels in the back. One guy had one of those big white cube totes (the 275 gallon ones with the metal cage around it) just about full in a picture I saw on FB yesterday. In our area there isn't actually a shortage but because people all ran out yesterday and bought hundreds of gallons more than they would usually, of course the gas stations are running out.

My husband needed to get gas to get to work, yesterday he couldn't get near a station on the way home so he stopped this morning and found a station that did have gas but only premium.