2021, Waiting on lambs!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I won't tell anyone the count...of sheep. 😎. That's a lot of land. Mines only 15 acres and too much some days. 😁 less goats than you have sheep! But most kids will sell in August, so I'll only carry about 15ish thru winter....plus a doz old minis.

I've been up in Culpeper. Like the roll of the land but, warmer here. Many, many years ago tried to buy near Staunton. Just never happened. Probably a good thing, looking back. :old. I like your new building.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I won't tell anyone the count...of sheep. 😎. That's a lot of land. Mines only 15 acres and too much some days. 😁 less goats than you have sheep! But most kids will sell in August, so I'll only carry about 15ish thru winter....plus a doz old minis.

I've been up in Culpeper. Like the roll of the land but, warmer here. Many, many years ago tried to buy near Staunton. Just never happened. Probably a good thing, looking back. :old. I like your new building.

A dozen miniature horses??
As in 12??😲

I have 5 horses in all, 2 are ponies & 3 are minis, and honestly, I'd prefer no more than 3...AND they all need to live on a hay only diet. πŸ˜‘

Some days, I really question my sanity, lol. Certainly better than hard to keep weight on type of horses, but trying to keep minis a decent weight when living with ponies, let alone fit, is so stressful and difficult! They really should be in two separate herds! As the 2 mini girls are faaat and need a tiny speck of hay, vs the gelding mini & 2 ponies. πŸ˜–

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, as in 12! 😁 old and just living out their lives. Two are 18 & 19...everyone else 24 to 37. Most very late 20s. Some of my old breeding herd and a couple rescues. Used to raise them & mini donkey, back when they were expensive! They all do well on pasture and soft, 2nd cut hay, usually orchard in winter. The one old guy gets a sr complete feed, as he doesn't eat hay anymore. Couple of the eldest gals might have to do sr feed this winter...will watch.

My goats eat way more than minis.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Some days, I really question my sanity, lol. Certainly better than hard to keep weight on type of horses, but trying to keep minis a decent weight when living with ponies, let alone fit, is so stressful and difficult! They really should be in two separate herds! As the 2 mini girls are faaat and need a tiny speck of hay, vs the gelding mini & 2 ponies. πŸ˜–
I'm really lucky with my mini, he holds good weight in a 10 acre pasture with grass taller than he is.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
The lambs are still surprising me!

Fossa's black twins aren't black, but may be spotted!?
That means that Fossa is a secret spot carrier born in California.

The ram has obvious white on the knee and a hair or two on the head.
The ewe has white on the top of her head & both sides.
Screenshot_20210624-183131_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210624-183027_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210624-182807_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210624-182931_Video Player.jpg

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score

Oh, @Mini Horses it would have been sooooo wonderful if you had bought near Staunton... then we could be two old maids, helping each other and growing old together!!!!! I can not take the humidity down where you are....

Latest posts