2022-2023 Market lamb

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
He was against 2 other lambs. The judge didn’t even look at the one he picked in first place only mine and their other girls. Idk how this judging works tho.
If the judge placed the 1st place lamb immediately then looked over yours and the other girl's lambs, then the 1st place lamb was obviously better in some way as you walked in the ring, so he placed it 1st immediately. Your lamb and the other girl's lambs were very close in type and condition so the judge went over them carefully. 2nd was a good placing since you beat out close competition. Where did the 1st place lamb place in the final championship judging?

Showing your lamb with your foot in a boot was not easy and placing 2nd was good. Did you enter showmanship? Or did you scratch showmanship because of your foot? Sometimes where you place in showmanship is a better guide to how you did since it takes the lamb's condition and grooming into account.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If the judge placed the 1st place lamb immediately then looked over yours and the other girl's lambs, then the 1st place lamb was obviously better in some way as you walked in the ring, so he placed it 1st immediately. Your lamb and the other girl's lambs were very close in type and condition so the judge went over them carefully. 2nd was a good placing since you beat out close competition. Where did the 1st place lamb place in the final championship judging?

Showing your lamb with your foot in a boot was not easy and placing 2nd was good. Did you enter showmanship? Or did you scratch showmanship because of your foot? Sometimes where you place in showmanship is a better guide to how you did since it takes the lamb's condition and grooming into account.
I did showmanship. Also failed. Um and the regular classes he didn’t place at all. No matter that the doc told me I’m still going to show.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I can’t seem to get his legs far enough out while in the boot. It so hard to reach. But im working vet day on leg placing. After he holds it I give him face rubs and praise him. We get it set 3 times and we are done.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop you arnt that parent that followed their kid around in showmanship and told them what to do they whole time right
No, no, no! Never give your child advice at ringside. The judge marks the child down if the parent or advisor is giving advice or instruction over the rail! Actually, I would leave the arena when my kids were doing showmanship - if I watched, they would lose. When I wasn't there they won! LOL I was bad showmanship juju for my children!

The only pix of my kids showing livestock (needed for their record books) were from the conformation classes. I listen to the judge's comments on how he placed the animals to see where we could improve.