2023, Waiting on Lambs!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last few months, I've been wondering if this would happen. And it unfortunately has.
Asking around, this "member run" registry was not member run to decide these things! There was no member vote for them, no mention that it might happen. Just *surprise* your sheep are now basically kicked out!
View attachment 99254

The breed is going to heck in a handbasket!
WOAH. OK - I don't know anything about Babydolls. That seems like a huge change in the standard. Lord knows I know all about changes in dog breed standards. For something like that to just "happen" and not be voted seems terribly wrong. Does this open the door to a "new breed" and standard that requires spotted?? Paint/Pinto etc??
Could be rare and than be of higher value$$.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOAH. OK - I don't know anything about Babydolls. That seems like a huge change in the standard. Lord knows I know all about changes in dog breed standards. For something like that to just "happen" and not be voted seems terribly wrong. Does this open the door to a "new breed" and standard that requires spotted?? Paint/Pinto etc??
Could be rare and than be of higher value$$.

*Sigh*

There's FOUR registries for these darn sheep.

1- OEBSR is the original. Accepts all colors, under 24".

2- NABSSAR was made bc a lady didn't agree with their standards, then added 2" to the height, 26", black or white only. They've always been iffy about spotted, but allowed one 4" or smaller "blemish". They didn't even like black sheep.

3- Then OEBSR had problems with the previous owner not keeping up with paperwork and money problems. Thus, BSSBA was created.

4- THEN! BSSBA had problems with mutts being accepted, one of the joint creators not doing things legally and I think something else I'm forgetting. So, you guessed it, BSRA was created! All colors allowed, under 24".

OEBSR is privately owned and only one person/household does all of the paperwork. It can still be slow. New owner is running it privately, too. I tried buying it, but it didn't work out.

The other three use separate companies to do their paperwork, so it is a 2-4wk turn around time.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Started rebuilding my website & FB page.
Also getting a bunch more physical & online paperwork done. 10 of mine, almost 40 applications. Printing & emailing lots of headshots, too.

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
*Sigh*

There's FOUR registries for these darn sheep.

1- OEBSR is the original. Accepts all colors, under 24".

2- NABSSAR was made bc a lady didn't agree with their standards, then added 2" to the height, 26", black or white only. They've always been iffy about spotted, but allowed one 4" or smaller "blemish". They didn't even like black sheep.

3- Then OEBSR had problems with the previous owner not keeping up with paperwork and money problems. Thus, BSSBA was created.

4- THEN! BSSBA had problems with mutts being accepted, one of the joint creators not doing things legally and I think something else I'm forgetting. So, you guessed it, BSRA was created! All colors allowed, under 24".

OEBSR is privately owned and only one person/household does all of the paperwork. It can still be slow. New owner is running it privately, too. I tried buying it, but it didn't work out.

The other three use separate companies to do their paperwork, so it is a 2-4wk turn around time.
YIKES!! What a tangled mess!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Putting lambs to work.
20230531_175225.jpg20230531_175256.jpg20230531_180741.jpg