2024-2025 Market Lamb

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello, here for one last year! I just bought my market lamb from Rule Sheep Co. He is out of Break the Bank. He will arrive home Monday. He was a late February born. His name is…..
Cosmo

Follow for the ride and let me know your thoughts and advice. I don’t mind feedback at all!

Attachments

• IMG_3358.jpeg
    IMG_3358.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3359.jpeg
    IMG_3359.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 63

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hair pills? What are hair pills and why?
Well the are the same thing people take. It’s an all natural clinically tested on show livestock to grow thicker hair and support the body in the nutrients needed most for hair growth. The idea is to give they the amino acids, vitamins, and other nutrients to help them want to creat better hair.

Why? Well I really want to do my best this year and I know yall don’t all like it but I am so into the big bells on these lambs legs. They are the trend and every judge immediately gives your lamb, a second or third look just because of the hair. No you can’t eat hair but in a class of really nice sheep it gives my lamb that extra style to get the attention he needs.

It’s like if you are driving and looking for a place to eat, your going to look at the biggest sign more then you look at the small one.

Pills are expensive but I am waiting till he gets here to see what I’m working with. If he has hair like Dutch then we should not need them. But if he has more wooly legs we will need them.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s not that we don’t like the extra fluffy legs, it’s the fact that out of the show ring, fluffy, carefully groomed legs are a stupid idea. I’m sure you understand that. In the real world of raising sheep for private sales, auction or consumption, nobody gives a hoot about fluffy legs or all the work that goes into them and we think it’s silly. Then they tack on the fluffy ears and it is even more ridiculous.

It’s just like cattle with black hair sell for more than cattle with red hair, or God forbid, spotted hair. That’s stupid too. The Black Angus folks have done an outstanding job on promoting their breed. Now there is a movement to uplift the RED Angus! Why? Because black cattle get much hotter grazing in a field than red cattle do. The hotter cattle will stop eating to seek out shade. The reality is, hair doesn’t taste very good, no matter what color it is.

Back to your fluffy legs, it is show ring show off. It’s something that teaches kids to work hard at not just body condition, but visual appeal. It’s demanding, time consuming, and instant visual proof that this kid has been working extra hard to achieve those luxurious fluffy legs.

Show is all about the months of training, feeding a precise diet and visual appeal. We are truly on your side, cheering for you and wanting you to win. You have learned so much from showing and it has benefited you greatly.