2024, Waiting on Lambs! 🤞 *Happy Thoughts* They're Here!😍

secuono

Herd Master
Joined
Oct 16, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
12,873
Points
623
Location
Virginia is for Pasture Farmers!
Got codon back for some of the lambs.
Screenshot_20240612_193704_Yahoo Mail.jpg
 

Margali

Herd Master
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
2,026
Reaction score
8,642
Points
478
Location
Fort Worth, TX area
It looks like both herd sires are QR from the descriptions. Is that correct?
I would only keep QR and RR personally.
QRxQR: 25% chance QQ, 50% QR, 25%RR
QQxQR: 50% chance QQ, 50% QR
At least with Katahdins no one wants QQ breeding stock.
 

secuono

Herd Master
Joined
Oct 16, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
12,873
Points
623
Location
Virginia is for Pasture Farmers!
The two rams have a new home lined up! They've been dewormed, banded, fly sprayed, moved for weaning and now get to learn what hard feed is. They'll leave in a week and a half, they should be expert alfalfa pellet eaters by then!
3 Wethers leaving tomorrow.
1 ram next week.
Ross, Riachu & 2 lambs next week.
That should be all of the sold sheep.

6 rams & 6 adult ewes are left.
20240615_134508.jpg

fresh wethers.
20240614_155130.jpg20240614_155011.jpg
 

farmerjan

Herd Master
Joined
Aug 16, 2016
Messages
10,789
Reaction score
41,636
Points
748
Location
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
You have moved a lot of them. Good for you. Especially since you weren't thinking they were going to sell well, in the beginning. They have a nice chunky build for a smaller breed of sheep.
Have you gotten any of the rain lately? It is mostly going around us over here... or showers of about enough to get your shirt wet and quit. We are getting quite dry.
 

secuono

Herd Master
Joined
Oct 16, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
12,873
Points
623
Location
Virginia is for Pasture Farmers!
You have moved a lot of them. Good for you. Especially since you weren't thinking they were going to sell well, in the beginning. They have a nice chunky build for a smaller breed of sheep.
Have you gotten any of the rain lately? It is mostly going around us over here... or showers of about enough to get your shirt wet and quit. We are getting quite dry.

It's still 6 adults that are "old". 😭

It rained the other day, but only a little and then the sun dried it all out as if it didn't even happen.
 
Top