23 was supposed to be better

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
IMG_20211008_160507.jpg
This is the last good picture I have of my wife's dog Lucky. He's been sick a couple days. Vet said kidney failure, God only knows what else. Blood work was so bad on a lot of things. So last night with him laying on my chest the Vet helped him best she could. I'm trying to figure a good spot out back. There's so many buried out there. This will be the last one. I can't stand no more.
What really sucks his birthday was same as my wife's. He already had a tumor on his thyroid. The crazy prices and riding to Annapolis for treatment weren't in the cards. Vet agreed, keep him comfortable. Long as he could eat and go on his own. That was almost 2 years. But I knew from seeing neighbors go thru it only to watch the dog die anyway and suffer the whole time I couldn't put him through it. The kids haven't gotten from work yet. The house is too quiet. Loosing daylight, I gotta stop and go feed the rabbits. Get his plot dug. Thankfully I'm off tomorrow. I need to get away for awhile, grocery store or ride to the beach, watch the waves for awhile.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about your beloved dog and also glad you could come here and express yourself. 👍You've had a hard go last couple months but we are here for you!! Many of us have been thru such bad times and know, appreciate and understand your feelings of loss, despair, anger, confusion, disbelief and so much more.

Definitely do something tomorrow...out of the house, work and the ordinary! Do you have any hobbies? Start one. 🥰

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awe geeze. He looks just like my friend's Jasmine (who she lost last year). My heart goes out to you. You made the right decision - it's quality not quantity of life that counts. Hugs - do what you need to do for yourself, only you know what that is. We're here for you.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had to put down our 13 year old Great Pyrenees one month to the day after I lost my husband. She was Daddy’s girl and didn’t understand why her Daddy didn’t come home.

Losing your wife’s dog is a double blow. I get it. It’s like you losing her all over again. I’m really sorry about her dog, he’s such a cutie. Yes, go to the beach, go do something for you.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
IMG_20230310_143329.jpg
My son hereafter known as Crash borrowed Mom's this morning car since his was in the shop. His wife called him she has a flat tire, no jack of course.
So he leaves work and heads up the road to her.
HE says the brakes locked up and he slid off the road. He's ok. Nobody else was involved. I'm wondering how fast he was going. How he ended up south bound on the north bound side off the road. I do truly find it funny as #377 Delaware state trooper gave him a ticket.
I call the insurance company to find out my wife decided to drop full coverage back in December when the bill came. Thanks for telling me Peggy.
Upside to all this I got out the house for awhile.

I'd swear I briefly saw my wife this morning in the hallway mirror just before I stepped into the living room and scared my DIL. She was heading off to work at the time. I can hear my Grandma and Pop telling me it was a sign. She's either mad cuz you put Lucky down or was there to warn you about the car. My Pop would tell me you can't keep a dead person's car. " Remember your Mom's car" he was on his way with his brother to Norfolk to see me off. My ship was heading out and I wouldn't be back for several months. Mom had passed maybe a month before. He made it down to Accomac VA when the timing belt broke. Funny thing I swore I saw him standing on the pier at the bay bridge. I could see 2 men 1 tall 1 short, both fat. I waved , they waved. My buddy even thought it was them. We laughed about that for years. There he was on the side of the road 50 miles away. Not long after the transmission gave up while trying to leave the driveway. Old guy that did our mechanic work said "I didn't want to tell your Dad but he needs to swap that car. It was your Mom's she's haunting it." Mr. John wasn't much for joking around he believed it.

Everybody swears it runs in 3s so hopefully today is it.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I had to put down our 13 year old Great Pyrenees one month to the day after I lost my husband. She was Daddy’s girl and didn’t understand why her Daddy didn’t come home.

Losing your wife’s dog is a double blow. I get it. It’s like you losing her all over again. I’m really sorry about her dog, he’s such a cutie. Yes, go to the beach, go do something for you.
Yes ma'am it hurt. I keep seeing him laying beside her and the look on his face. Same look he had while he was lying on my chest. He used to sleep on a pillow beside the bed. Her side. He had started sleeping on my side, but would end up in her chair by morning. That first week after she passed he would go by the back door around 8:30 waiting for her to walk in.
Had to put my last beagle down a month after I had my heart attack. Told my wife then I was done with dogs.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry bout having to put down your puppy. It is a double whammy after the recent loss of your wife. :hugs

Absolutely do what Mini Horses suggested for the car and fie a claim under your son's insurance. Since your vehicle didn't have insurance they will definitely use your son's insurance. So glad he wasn't hurt! God was looking out for him.