3 week old kid became limp, how to cure?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with the others. Many things it could be, without seeing him it is hard to say.
Get him to a vet as soon as you can. When they are this young you don't have time to wait and see.

What is his temperature?

Did you do the milk change gradually?

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I should of seen this before, but he's dead now, and my dad went to bury him while I was asleep so I didn't have to see the body.
And no, we didn't because we didn't have the mother, so we had to train them to bottle feed, and went from milk replacer, which they hated to whole milk, which they seem to love.

Lanthanum

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh no I'm so sorry :(:hit:hugs
I've lost a kid before too and I know how it feels. I hope others are doing well

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
thank you all for trying to help anyways, all I know now is, if my remaining buckling, Buddy gets ill, I don't care what time it is, im going to call a vet, even if it takes an hour for them to pick up...

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hit It's hard to lose the babies. :hugs Have you given Buddy his CDT vaccine? He should have it at three weeks.

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:hugs
It may be a good idea to call the vet soon, explain, what happened, and ask what to watch for and maybe keep on hand for future emergencies like this. Once your vet has a better idea of your situation, it will be easier for him to help you in the future.
At 3 weeks, your other buckling is at the age for the typical coccidiosis prevention treatment and for a CD/T booster (provides loing term protection against Clostridium types C&D which can cause enterotoxemia, and tetanus). You may have already known this, but I know I didn't when I first got goats.

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ok, im goign to se about getting him to our local vet to get him all his shots.