4-H sheep project

jakeesspoo

Just born
Reaction score
I’m sure this has been answered a number of times but I’m not good at searching forums and this will be a small introduction of myself.
We lived on a small five acre “hobby farm”.

Through the course of 15 years we have had chickens (every year, numerous breeds, layers and broilers), ducks, turkeys, rabbits, donkeys, pheasants, quail, and beef steers. My daughter is now 13 and has shown dairy feeders since she was eligible to.

We sold that home over a year ago and now on a property that’s about 2 acres, no pasture but still somewhat rural. My son is soon to be seven and a cloverbud. For some reason he’s loving sheep🤷🏼 Having never had sheep and with limited room I feel I can fence off around a 500 square foot area. We would only have the lambs/sheep approx 3 months until fair and then my daughter will show them. My daughter still shows dairy feeders but we keep them around the corner at a friends large farm

It’s my understanding that sheep do better with companions, my donkeys did as well.
My question...is this large enough area for a couple sheep for a short amount of time? Sanitary conditions will be kept as well as working with the sheep. We plan on feeding them hay and small amounts of feed so not necessarily trying upon grass or “pasture” provided.
We have been very happy with our daughters 4-H career and would like our son to have just as an enjoyable,knowledgeable, experience.
Thoughts...