4-Hers?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm gonna subscribe to this thread cause I'm hoping it'll be filled with people who will share some good info.

I was never in either but I'd like my boys to be when they are a little older.

crazygoatlady915

Just born
Reaction score
It's really neat, they should join!

Edit: Where I live (Teton County, Idaho) kids can join when they are 4 years old and be a 'clover-bud' until they are eight. When they turn 8, they can come into the main 4-H club, and join in all the action!
4-H is a really great place for kids to learn responsibility! Especially when you do livestock 4-Hs because you have to keep track of the animal, as well as food costs, food, and general care.
It is also a great place to show off! As a 4-Her, you are entitled to showing at county and state fairs! And... depending on the 4-H, you may get a big livestock check ($$$) from your buyer at the end of the fair!

(p.s, 4-H isn't just livestock, check out your county's extension office! In my county, we have about 30 4-H's, with a few new one's each year!)

RockyPhoenix

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
WOOT! i am in st joe county, IN!! I am in 4H and FFA!! I love both of them!

Wild Wind Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I love 4-H, my kids have been showing dairy goats and horses for the last 5 years. We are in Medina county, Ohio and I would be more than happy answer any questions if I can.

farmchick

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Lancaster County (Nebraska) Happy Go-Lucky 4H Club! WOO! I love it!

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
This might be a silly question... :rolleyes: Can you be an assistant leader in 4-H like you can be in Girl Scouts as a way to learn?

I didn't get bit by the homesteading bug or have a chance to have animals growing up. I'm in my late 20's now and just getting started.

woodleighcreek

The Rabbit Queen
Reaction score
Margali said:
This might be a silly question... :rolleyes: Can you be an assistant leader in 4-H like you can be in Girl Scouts as a way to learn?

I didn't get bit by the homesteading bug or have a chance to have animals growing up. I'm in my late 20's now and just getting started.
Of course! Where I live, 4-H clubs always need more help.