Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Take some dawn dishsoap and mix with warm water, about 16 oz add to that you made up gallon of "dip"
wet goat
with wash cloth (wear gloves) wash goat from head to toe with mixture.
rinse all soap
take remaining dip and pour over goat, getting all the nooks and crannies ;)
On baby goats we do a light rinse and then towel dry
Basically take warm water add dish soap... then add in from the gallon you mixed up of dip to the dishsoap water.... bathe... rinse and pour remaining dip over goat.

On adult goats we will use a sprayer sometimes (you know the garden pump up sprayers people spray round up with) never use a sprayer that was used for anything else though... it is good because you can get nooks and crannies... but of course our goats are clipped. When they are hairy it doesn't work as well.

I like this method the best (bathing) but our goats like warm water baths so there is that. LOL

There is a product called cylence that you can draw up in a syringe and go from top of head down the spine. We use this on our bucks because they live in the deep woods and ticks are unbelievable here. I mean unbelievable! That is always an option too.

Always wear gloves when using any of these products. Milk withdrawal is one milking.

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Basically take warm water add dish soap... then add in from the gallon you mixed up of dip to the dishsoap water.... bathe... rinse and pour remaining dip over goat.

On adult goats we will use a sprayer sometimes (you know the garden pump up sprayers people spray round up with) never use a sprayer that was used for anything else though... it is good because you can get nooks and crannies... but of course our goats are clipped. When they are hairy it doesn't work as well.

I like this method the best (bathing) but our goats like warm water baths so there is that. LOL

There is a product called cylence that you can draw up in a syringe and go from top of head down the spine. We use this on our bucks because they live in the deep woods and ticks are unbelievable here. I mean unbelievable! That is always an option too.

Always wear gloves when using any of these products. Milk withdrawal is one milking.
Thank you SO much, SBC. Tons of errands this weekend, but this tops the list.

Side note, one of the babies refused to leave the big goat pen tonight to come inside. Lil Denny is growing up I guess. :( Princess took some coaxing but Schmoo is all about inside!

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just wanted to update. We treated all seven goats and it worked great. By the next morning there wasn't a sign of the buggers. Six of the goats did great. Our bratty doe was a freaking nightmare. Took both of us to chase her down, everything hubby had to hold her while I doused her and she screamed like she was being skinned alive. That goat just ain't right. Lol

Donna R. Raybon

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have used the mineral oil based supervised pretending that is for cattle. Labeled for other species, too, and for fly, lice, mites. Used it on lambs, calves, kids as young as 48 hours old and never had any problem. Sold in gallon jug, more than you need, check with vet or neighbor with cattle to see if you can get what you need.

If it were me I would used Adam's flea tick shampoo, lather kid up well, set timer for 5 minutes and rinse. And, then, as suggested, dose orally with ivomec.

You need to treat for coccidia, too. If a pet, neutering will be needed as these little guys start to drink and rut much younger than standard sized goat.

Washing bedding in hot water and drying in dryer should take care of lice, eggs on bedding.

Brandie Bell

Just born
Reaction score
I’m in the exact same situation- she was dosed topically with cylence a week ago, is it ok to do this dip method with the Permethrin now???