Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Farmerjan has seen this thread. After the O. P. Made it VERY clear to @Ridgetop on her new dog thread that it was a journal, not asking for help, we figured she already knows everything and doesn’t need any help, especially from members with an entire lifetime of experience.
Ok, sorry. Wasn't trying to start anything, I didn't see that thread. Just trying to loop in more experienced cow people who might be able to help. I'll shut up now.

caprines.n.me

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You have lot going on and you're dealing with a lot. Ponies sheep, a silly dog and a sick calf can be stressful. It makes perfect sense to listen to your veterinarian where Zim is concerned. Also, it looks like you do an awful lot by yourself so you hang in there. I'm rooting for you! Hope Zim quickly turns a corner towards health.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Has he been wormed? What does the vet say about him refusing food? Could it still be the ulcer? Do you know what caused the ulcer?

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don't know who's mad at who but I would ask farmerjan. She has more experience than most vets. I have always been under the idea that u don't tube after a week or so old and that could mess them up. U can ignore this if u like. But old farmer's can teach vets alot of things.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Made a post on your "sick calf" thread but at this point I don't have any real suggestions. He has had so much done that I have no ideas. You could try just plain whole milk from the grocery store, heated a cup at a time.... just to change up the taste. ? I would contact the original owners, see if they have any suggestions.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
101.2F
Had morning tubing before I checked the other thread.
If you mean for skipping feeding, should be fine. Skip tonight and tomorrow morning bottle then do electrolytes tomorrow evening then calf replacer wednesday morning. Give him probiotic gel today. Best advice I have if you are trying that route.