Resource icon

6 Amazing Horse Facts You MUST Know.

CinnamonEli

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
CinnamonEli submitted a new resource:

6 Amazing Horse Facts You MUST Know. - amazing horse facts

This is my very first article on BYH. I write a lot of articles on BYC, but the layout is much different, so I'm still learning my way around this site.
Ok so, straight to the point, 6 Amazing Horse Facts You MUST Know!

Horses can se better than humans at night, BUT it takes longer for their eyes to adjust from dark to light and likewise. Keep this in mind when you transfer a horse from a dark area such as an indoor arena, stall, or trailer to a pasture or...

Read more about this resource...

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The teeth thing is mostly true. Male horses also have canine teeth that mares aren't supposed to get, but some geldings/stallions don't get them (really rare) and some mares get them even though they aren't supposed to. So, as a general rule, males have more than females but not always.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
The vision thing is mostly true, too; though not for Appaloosas with two copies of the LP gene (often called few spots or snowcaps). Such animals almost always suffer from night blindness - a condition in which seeing in low light levels is difficult or impossible. Something that just looks like a shadow to one with normal vision could be a black hole to a horse with night blindness. Mutations of that particular gene have been known to cause night blindness in dogs; it has only been recently identified in horses as well.