6 wk. old holstein is sick

Reaction score
We raise bottle calves and have a 6 week old Holstein bull that weighs between 135 and 150 lbs. Ever since we purchased him he has been raspy while he eats. He acts like his joints are sore, and for about 2 weeks we were having to help him get up. He would be fine once he got up, just didn't have the strength to actually stand on his own. He is standing on his own now but still rasps. We have tried Draxxin, Excede, Baytril, NuFlor, Banamine, Selenium, he has been wormed. We have bleached his stall and disinfect the bottles daily. He won't start eating feed and acts like his joints are sore. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Cricket

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
http://www.vet.cornell.edu/consultant/Consult.asp?Fun=Sign&spc=&dxkw=&sxkw=&signs=

I've used this site before, don't know if it might give you a direction. I'm a 'call the vet' kind--now that they don't want to make house calls, they're quite apt to help over the phone.

We have an older cow where I work that rasps and we've found a tumor on the back of her tongue. Wouldn't think this would be the case with such a young animal, esp. with the other symptoms.