7 Month Old Spanish Doe Acting Drunk

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You are right. Sometimes regardless what we do things will happen.
It is good to know what was wrong though. Sets your mind at ease. At least thats how it works for me.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hugsI'm so glad you got this checked or you'd be worried for the rest of your herd...this was so sad, but so much better knowing that you don't have to worry and watch for illness in the others. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You are right. Sometimes regardless what we do things will happen.
It is good to know what was wrong though. Sets your mind at ease. At least thats how it works for me.
Yep, just checked the rest of the herd including the llamas and all is well, not even a cough. The rest of the little Spaniard goats from Texas saw their first snow ever. Those little Butterballs were romping in the snow like a herd of monkeys at the zoo. They have put on a thick undercoat and seem to be adapting well. This time of the year when it snows we feed free choice good quality first cutting grass hay, goat specific protein blocks from Tractor Supply Co., and feed every other day since quality of browse this time of the year is in the single digits as far as % protein is concerned.
:)
P.S. Thanks for the :hugs, I needed it.

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. So glad you were able to figure out what it was and at least now you can rest easier.
:hugs
WMR, thanks so much for the kind words and yes, I can sleep easier knowing that I did all I could for her and it wasn't some type of communicable disease that I will have to deal with affecting the rest of the herd. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
:hugs

Latest posts