7 week old siblings humping

SweetBun

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Over the weekend we brought home our 2 bunnies that are 7 weeks old. We were told the owners vet sexed them both as does. We let them out to run around a bit today and they started sniffing each others bums and then 1 grabbed the others head and started humping.

We tried to sex them but they really didn't want to be held.

Thoughts? Any advice is appreciated.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are they sisters? If they are I would be surprised, but if not, then they're probably just establishing dominance now that they're housed together. Keep a close eye on them and if they don't sort it out and calm down quickly, you'll have to separate.

SweetBun

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
They are sisters. However, is it possible one is a buck and the vet was wrong? or am I just making too much of this to soon?

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't trust vets about very much at all personally. So, yes, it's possible. Typically females raised together get along until they either reach maturity or it can happen when they're moved to new lodgings they'll establish dominance. I would check them to confirm female :)

SweetBun

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'll attempt to check later or tomorrow. They aren't wanting to be held a lot and tend to climb. I'll post my opinion after I check. Thanks SA