77Herford Farm Zoo Journal Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Thanks, it was very hard but I knew she would feel so much better as it had to be painful. She must of been in pain for sometime as she was such a trooper never showing me her discomfort over the months. I took in Chief and Lady to say their goodbyes before we used the shot and let them stay through the process, which was nice of the young Vet even though I didn't give him much choice in the matter.
I cried like a child loosing his mama for a few minutes and called my X-wife to tell her and she was upset as well as Raven was a very big part of our early dating and marriage life. My X did come and spend some time with Raven.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Well Chief, Lady and I are depressed but we have to keep working. Its been raining the last couple of days off and on, which is good. Its good that there are calves all around to keep things vibrant and happy. The little hooves running about and the mom's trying to keep up.

The Goat kids are frequently a good laugh as they compete for King or Queen of the hill or tree trunk. The pigs rooting around and snorting all the time. The Chickens pecking and scraping the ground looking ever diligently for that scrumptious worm or bug and then the other hens chasing her down.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just for the record, real men do cry. It is not often. But when my Dad died, my 17 year old Jack Russell died and whenever, I have to put an animal down.

It sucks, but they are the decisions we have to make.

BTW - WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PICS OF ALL THOSE CALVES THAT ARE BEING BORN. Just sayin.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Had a wonderful Easter with the family. We opted for a morning event this year and it was a hit. A beautiful day as well to play outside and ride the Radio Flyer as she waved at the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.