9 more days, doe acting weird

RockyToggRanch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have nutridrench...she's eating her grain, just picking at it though.
I put some corn it it in the morning and boss in the evening. She picks that out first and picks at the rest. She's not terribly huge and she's building a decent udder.

RockyToggRanch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Any time a goat won't eat, I worry.....

I second the 'nutridrench and CMPK' vote, if you have / can't get CMPK, propylene glycol and crushed tums will do short term in a pinch.
I'm sorry, what is cmpk? propylene glycol? I'm new and will go to the ends of the earth for my animals...but I need a map:/ to get there faster:)

RockyToggRanch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I did read about ketosis today. Perhaps I should just call my vet out in the morning...
She ate more tonight than this morning.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How does her breath smell? If it's sorta 'sweet,' almost like in a nail-polish-remover sort of a way, you're looking at pregnancy toxemia (aka ketosis, acetonemia). The 'sweet' smell would be acetone.

The bloodshot eyes concern me as well, as blindness can also be a symptom.

If you don't feel like you're equipped to deal with this and you have a good vet's number handy...call the vet.

RockyToggRanch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I've had my nose inside every goats mouth on several occasions and there is no difference in breath. She gobbled her grain tonight. I did let her out in the aisle for awhile first and let her pull at whatever bale of horse hay she wanted. she acted like she was getting away with something bad and gobbled as much hay as she could in 20 minutes. So perhaps she needs more hay time before feed? I gave her more nutridrench this morning. Not a lot, but one pump. I also put revitalite in her water last night, but went back to plain water this morning. She's peppy tonight, so I'm feeling relieved.