A couple of issues

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
1. Cass has her left ear laid back and will not use it. We have examined it but see no issues inside or outside.
20200906_100015.jpg

2. Midnight is losing hair on her legs in random spots. It doesn't appear to hurt her but it is all the way to the skin. We have examined the area around each spot but see nothing that indicates a problem.
20200906_100328.jpg
20200906_095759.jpg

I'm sorry. I thought I edited it but it didn't post.
I guess it could be possible that her ear got bumped but I don't know that.

Last edited:

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is only one issue, an accident?

Is the ear warmer than the other?
That side of face/lips/eye lids drooping?
Acting any differently?
Any tiny punctures on or around the ear?

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is only one issue, an accident?

Is the ear warmer than the other?
That side of face/lips/eye lids drooping?
Acting any differently?
Any tiny punctures on or around the ear?

The ear does not feel warmer than the other, no drooping of face, lips, eyes or problems with her lid. She not acting any differently than her normal self. No punctures that I could feel....her hair is growning so unable to see through the fiber but I I touched her ear all over and all around, felt nothing unusual.
The picture is accurate. Left ear down and back, right ear up and active.

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok, and update....on Tuesday, we caught and treated for Mworm with monthly Ivermectin shot. Cass' ear WAS warmer and a little swollen. After much arguing with her, I found several ticks in her ear. She whistled and hummed repeatedly to let me know how disgusted she was with me but we slowly and surely removed the ticks, heads and all. We gave her Banamine, B12, and Probiotics. We will be doing a follow up on Sunday with Cydectin dewormer for any criss over worms from goats. I will give her another shot of Banamine today, if her ear is still sore. Vet has been consulting since Tuesday.
Midnight has mange on her ankles and mites on her forelegs. Ivermectin is supposed to remedy both, along with cooler weather, which cannot get here soon enough!

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Update: Everything has cleared up except Midnight's legs. We bought NU STOCK and have been applying it. So far so good.
20201012_170647.jpg