A Feeding Question

SustainableAg

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The breeder that I am buying my goats from feeds them "Blue Seal Caprine Challenger". I cannot find this feed at any of my local feed stores. The breeder is going to bring me some feed so I can transition them all to a new feed.

For those of you familiar with Blue Seal products - do you know if "Blue Seal Caprine Challenger" is the same as "Blue Seal - Home Fresh Textured Goat Feed"? Every time I search for Caprine Challenger, that other feed pops up. I can buy the "Home Fresh Textured Goat Feed" locally.

I tried to find nutritional information online, and they are both a sweet feed with 18% protein. All of the vitamin/mineral numbers seem to be similar as well. I have tried contacting the manufacturer and have not been able to get in contact with them.

I don't have a problem switching feeds. I planned to do that anyway. But I wanted a larger amount to transition them over a longer period of time. I used the Blue Seal website to try to find a retail location, and the closest one is 2 hours away.

Country-girl-at-heart

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I know nothing about this feed but due to shipping issues, I have had to switch brands of feed a few times because stores were out of what I feed and we have had no issues, I just bought sweet feed in each brand and mixed it with what we had left (which usually was not much). Hope this helps.

SustainableAg

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That is awesome, thank you for the tip! I think the two feeds are similar enough that I can get away with it.