A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with four kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello all, I a mother of three. My oldest (my daughter)will be five come March 29, my second( my son) child is 2 and my newest addition (son) is five days old. We have a small herd of three goats, two does Lilly and Daisy, and our buck Buck lol( my husband named him because he looked like a deer). Lilly has finally kidded she gave birth the same day I did the best lol. She won't feed her kid but she take care of him otherwise, she also kicks while being milked with a milk machine however she some what ok with hand milking unless something is under her to catch the milk. Daisy due sometime in june- early July. We also have rabbits two does might add two more one for and one buck still debating. We also have three breeding geese(3 others will be processed), 24chickens(4 meat birds waiting to be processed), four ducks (3hens, one Drake), 3 turkey hens (waiting to get a Tom). We also have fish and two cats. My daughter loves the ducks, my two year old loves the geese which try to hiss at everyone but him its funny how terrified the gander is of him he won't even his in his direction just runs all Joshua does is chase him lol. I am hoping to get my garden started soon once I able. I can't wait to have most of my groceries out the back door lol. We trying to buy some land as well after that I am looking at cows, sheep, pigs,and bees I might be farm obsessed lol. I homeschooling our oldest Lucy, and will the other two as well as you can guess I am a stay at home mom. I also like baking lol. I try to stay busy.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
The kids are doing great they actually are completely obsessed with their little brother. They fight over who gets to hold him, help with him its actually funny and annoying lol. I was breastfeeding and Joshua (2year old) kept asking to hold Josiah and would get mad at me if I told him the baby was eating so he had to wait lol. It's funny everyone always has warned me about adding another baby and the older getting jealous I don't have that issue so far they each have been over joyed and obsessed with the new addition.

Attachments

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mom called me this afternoon and wanted to talk. Her area on lock down and her job is essential but they offered her the choice not to work. She wanted to know my opinion i asked her if she would get paid if she didn't got to work she said probably not. Well then it's really up to you on that. I could tell she was hurt cause I didn't offer her a job up her right then but come on i can't do that first off one we don't have another vechical and I refuse to go in debt to get one for them. Second i am not wanting to employ friends or family and I haven't told her that yet. Mostly because i know it hurt her. Secondly because i don't feel like dealing the the guilt tripping. I told dh if they moved up here I be moving to Alaska. He told me not to tempt him as he had a great job offer there.... :ep :lol: i am gonna freeze lol.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I might need to take a class in taking it easy... I am not good at it lol. My husband has new father leave through work he gets four weeks of paid leave. Well he took one full week he then (started today) works Monday and Tuesday then has the rest of the week off. So far since he been gone I have cleaned most of the house swept, vacuumed, done dishes, cleaned up the toys, done laundry(still have to fold/hang yay..) I am going to mop shortly. I also started spring cleaning I been cleaning my kitchen cabinets today I finish possibly tomorrow. I also feed all the animals, milked the goat (about to go out and milk again), pasteurize some of the milk already, collected eggs. I am pretty sure my Dr would be furious with me lol. I am tired but same time restless I can't stand taking it easy. I have so far resisted my garden which involves using pick axe(thanks to all the clay) to get the weeds out then add some new dirt and then I can plant I almost had it done... Grr and all this rain I am so late on planting. Oh I forgot we have some new addition that have hatched five ducklings so far and nine chicks I have more eggs due to hatch. Chicken eggs on the 19th duck eggs on the 27th and geese eggs can hatch from the 27-april3rd. Lol my husband might decide I cant be left alone after today lol oh well I feel better the house is clean.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol I have no handle on things I just have learned to trust the one that does. I guess close to two years ago my husband (after memory loss very long story)want a divorce. If it hadn't been for God we wouldnt be together. I am thankful for every moment together and after that major trial for us I have learned that worrying is over rated (grant I still try to sometimes) and I just need to trust God to work and ask him for help when I loss it which can be often.

Last edited:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh and Daisy hasn't shown another heat so I am hoping she already got pregnant. I probably should find out how much that would cost to find out but with all the medical and other things needing to be fix yeah that probably wait. Oh I can remember if I told y'all but the electrical pole got fixed for alot less then we were first quoted. So now I can use all my appliances at one time (ac, hot water heater, stove, wash and dryer)and the power doesn't shut off I am over the moon.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Farm News
Okay first my husband finally agreed to register the goats. Now i just need to come up with a farm name, a herd name, and a brand. So far we havent agreed on the names either of us have come up with. He came up with Mikolajczyk Farm, Becky's Homestead. I came up with Charlie's Pride lol this might end up harder for us then naming the kids lol. He didn't like mine because he says the farm is more me than him which is kinda true i do most of the labor even the fencing, cleaning, feeding and you get the ideal. However every once in a while like on monday he helped me out by replacing some of the fencing with electric fencing instead since the goats had destoyed my fence the brats lol. Now there are two electric wires between the goat yard and chicken/duck/geese pen so that the birds can go either way but the goats cant get in to the bird yard. Which means they cant kill my oak trees, eat the bird feed, or play on the coop ramps all of which they have done or tried to do before. Now i just got to get out there and clean the pens yay and it will look so much better. Charlie says he isnt finished yet so i cant wait to see what else he does with the fencing. Any ways, i sold 12 of my chickens the other days so now i have 10 layers two roosters and three chicks. It also means i can now add some of the other breeds i wanted like the marans, olive layers and the ones that lay the blue eggs but i am need to make sure they are the bigger dual purpose if possible so more chicken research head yay lol i love researching animal breeds. I also plan on doing more research on the goats. i need to learn more there and need to find some good books on them. I have a decent on but doesnt have all the info i need.
garden wise i nearly have it ready for planting and i have the seeds in pots started so yay thats finally moving. just need to add some fertilizer to the garden and keep the weeds out and we are golden.
House news
i caught up on dishes the other day lol and now i need to wash some more lol i nearly dislike dishes completely lol i think my major hang up is how many i use lol. like the other night to make chicken paremason i made noodles from scratch then along with everything else. I have learned i prefer everything homemade over from the store but unfortunately that cause its own problems like dishes. whats funny is after i finish dishes i need to make bread, muffin, flour and corn tortillas, cookies and some other snacks lol.
on the homeschooling front i have decided to go back to what we were doing but still using some of the new books. the new books are just for phonics, reading and math but they mean she only has that day for each letter and sound if we finished the how book by next year. The focus of these books is solely phonics really she doing well she just not enjoying it as much as the way we were doing school. i keep debating about all this there are so many ways to homeschool i just feel very incapable of teaching her is some regard i think i am just feeling over whelmed by all the options and that i keeping getting new material from my friends and it would probably help if i just came up with a lesson plan for the whole year instead as well. Before we were doing English(phonics,penmanship, reading), Math (counting, addition, greater and less than), Bible( Stories, verses), Science, Social studies (maps, community), Art, Music. Granted she did alot of work with the way we were doing it, it was more in the since of variety then the new lesson books.... if i was to follow their sole curriculum that is. i just need to keep thinking about this. she gotten to lesson 8 in her new work books, i might just adjust everything again to fit her.

Latest posts