A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
So far they all lay around together but I haven't seen any damage on him thankfully. He quite lazy andblaid back... Lol II let him our in the yard with us and he just lets all of us walk up to him and pick him up. My girls would have been long gone. One fine with being petted the other not so much but both prefer to be free.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I wanted almost cry over how much milk I had to get rid of today like four or five gallons had gone bad..... I really need to get cheese making equipment and I need to try to make butter, butter a pain..

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Do u keep your buck and does together?

We raised Rex rabbits for years. We would never house opposites together. And when u wanted to breed you took the doe to the buck and never the buck to the doe. If u did it backwards the doe would fight the buck and try to kill him. But in the bucks pen it was fine.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
My two does have been kept with a buck and have never fought or hurt the buck. But this my second year with them so I am pretty new. I might just gotten extremely blessed again with our bunnies.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well its official I am goat crazy.... I was out milking one of our does (lilly only one milking). What should happen but the first thunderstorm hits then hail happens and we on the dangerous side of the house where its less protected so the only way to get to the front porch is going through the house so I take Lilly through the house. Lol my two year old son was telling me no goats in the house lol opps.

Jennifer Hinkle

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My two does have been kept with a buck and have never fought or hurt the buck. But this my second year with them so I am pretty new. I might just gotten extremely blessed again with our bunnies.
I have always kept my male in a cage by himself and then taken the doe to him to breed. I have never kept a buck with the does. I would believe this would keep him from wanting to breed. Absense makes the heart grow fonder. I have never heard of keeping the buck with the does.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK so our adventure with milking needs help... How do you get a doe to stop stomping while milking. My husband wants to tie her legs in the past when I have hobbled one or both back legs its caused her to freak out even more. Her tears are the issue they point in to the hollow of her legs if I let her fill up to much which makes hard as all get out to milk and with a newborn I am having a hard time getting out there the same time everyday and I can't milk her and hold him basised off all the kicking (holding him technically referring to wearing him in a front backpack). I would like her to stop kicking my husband has milked her three times for me and gets made when she kick/stomps and gets his arm. She not kicking to hurt more like she annoyed by what's being done. Thoughts?