A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
So we looking at cutting back on animals as well. Looking three pigs are going to market asap, panda is leaving us she to hard on the other animals, also chasing my goat around to milk her isn't okay with me, she loves my daughter and come to her but unless I have treats she could care less also she doesnt enjoy being milk she run from me but as soon as she on the stand she will just stand and let me milk. The amount of time i waste chasing her is ridiculous and our current set up i can't lock her in the stall eith out letting the other animals out so that's not happneing. Stella loved working now she scared of panda and won't work sometimes when i need her. Also thinking of getting rid of one of her daughters. Little Lady may go as soon as she big enough but that's up in the air as well we might decide to keep her just depends on what going on and how she acts as she ages. All the geese are going and we going to go down,in ducks and chickens. I am torn about it but it were things sit. Also going to be transferring the goats and cow to the front pasture permantly. Either building a new shelter for them or moving the other.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know that you have talked about moving a couple of times, then things seemed to have settled down. Sounds like something has made it a priority again???? Plus the moving the animals all to the front pasture? Will that make it easier to take care of them or is it to stop other problems? Don't mean to be nosy.... I just thought things had gotten more tolerable.
Maybe a move to closer to the friends place?
Will that affect the business that your husband is running? Can he do it from most anywhere? I thought it was more a local thing? If not, then that is good.

Be safe and hope the trip goes pretty good. Is he home to take care of the animals? Sure hope he likes to milk too!!!! That is one thing my son will not do.... nope, nada, NEVER....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Land is reasonable in Newton, Tx. Maybe you can look around while you are there. Plus it is right on the Texas/Louisiana border so good for some good Cajun food. It is close enough to the coast to catch some hurricanes that march up the Sabine River, so a generator is a good investment.

Have fun with your friend and survive the trip with your kids! LOL LOL

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well we got back yesterday evening and all the animals survived. To answer some questions thistlebloom completely loco lol, Jan the biggest problem I have is when i move them from the back if the house where they current sleep at to the front pasture its generally there i get scared that my kids will get in the way expecially in the evening when i feed up. The herd tends to run everyonce in awhile and it's like an alley way between our house and the perimeter fence. On the who milked her, it was her kids she still let's them nurse. The animals are find for the most part however little lady is still very prone to head butt expecially in the evening when she gets hyper i just learned to stay out of the pen after i have fed up. Or take a pvc pipe with me if i go in. It's the only thing she somewhat respects. Lol dh will not milk unless its he has no choice and he met us there.
Dh can work from anywhere technically the issue is he wants to have home close enough to be able to make it home at night. So east Texas is depending on what part tends to be better for him since he goes to Austin, Dallas, and Houston areas regularly.
Bay yeah we been looking in that area and also further west of Newton. DH pefers closer to bastrop or between Newton and bastrop. We see what happens.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
We enjoyed our self i was going stir crazy bored with nothing to do. Lol it was a nice visit just hard to adjust to no chores and nothing to do besides talk. I played with the kids alot all eight of them lol. The kids enjoyed in alot.