A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad that you had a nice visit and that even though you were "bored" it was probably a great downtime for your body. Doubly good that the kids could do the "milking". That is the good thing about having nurse cows; I can shut the calves up and then milk, and then not have to worry about milking and leave them with her.... The best of both worlds.
So glad that the business has done this well that finding a new place closer to where he is most of the time is a major thought factor now.
I get the "alley factor" and the kids safety. Don't blame you a bit.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love my crazy life. lol i am having a blast being busy again. we did some school work today with the two boys and lucy did hers. i milked and pasturized milk and froze milk been doing laundry and dishes need to finish the dishes and work on the next load when it comes out. then i need to feed up and cook dinner sweep and mop and vacuum. the kids had me chasing them around for awhile i was a wolf they were rabbits lol. I did talk to my friend and she asked my thoughts on her work load and it might come off the wrong way but i think i would go crazy. i like staying busy and acting nutty lol. all she does is clean, cook and homeschool granted that is great but i enjoy adding to the maddness i guess. she had alot more down time then i do but i tend to not know what to do with down time to me thats sewing, baking or gardening. i keep wanting to get a garden going i might do a small one and call it good for this year just so we have some fresh produce and not be a complete lump on a log kind of thing lol.okay i nuts i admit it but looking at a garden of weeds is driving me crazy. plus the kids keep asking. i figure we could do some tomatoes, peppers pumkins, brocoli, beans, corn okay alittle bit of everything lol

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't see why not... We normally don't get below freezing till the end of december...