A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with four kids

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any fresh oregano? Even dry -- spice cabinet! That is helpful, has anti bacterial and anti inflammatory values. With dousing for the mites and eating that it may clear. You would know in just a few days of use.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made some for the ear mits using apple cider vinegar, following oils grape seed oil, apricot oil, sunflower oil and a few others its natural baby oil that has al those oils in it and frankincense oil I have

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used mineral oil, applied with an eye dropper. I did a monthly application as a preventative. If there was a case of ear mites, they got daily treatment until the crusty crud was gone. I also cleaned the softened crud out with Qtips.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay yeah I did clean with qtips and also doing.the. Treatment I made daily. The one that had them the worst is.seperated.inside.a dog crate in the house. As I was treating.him some.of the white gunk came out and so I kept masaging.and. Adding drops.and.the most of.the gunk gone and his.ear canal where.it.was completely blocked is.now.completely clear

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Castor oil would be good. It helps with scaly leg mites by smothering them but it is also antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal. Gets rid of warts too, though it takes time :D

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Castor oil would be good. It helps with scaly leg mites by smothering them but it is also antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal. Gets rid of warts too, though it takes time :D
My mom's two favorite remedies when I was a kid were castor oil (topically)
and ACV (internal and topical). Those two really do cover quite a lot of problems.

Last edited: