A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
It takes time to find the right piece of property. You definitely don't want to rush into buying something or just settled for something.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
There was one property we like but it's 20,000 out of our price range. It's 17 acres and has a newer single wide on it. But like I said it's just not what we can afford right now.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thinking the does should give birth December 17th if buck did his job. (I keep forgetting they are seasonal and not all year) so I trying to work out how I need to prepare for this. It's Texas and who knows what the weather will be like. They have shelter of course not sure how we) it will work for kidding think box trailer. My husband remodeled an old box trailer it has a pitched roof with an opening so it gets quite a bit of air flow and it not ideal it we get snow again if I have a doe go in to labor because it's not like I can close the off . What do yell think do I need to erect a different shelter(been thinking about before everything else happened) i was thinking of making him build a kidding she'd something to move the does in until they kid and then keeping said kids in them.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
FARM NEWS REPORT!!
The farm has experienced recent loses due to what was once believed to be stray dogs now the truth has come to light.The real culprit is a gray fox. The goats are concerned they say, the chickens report to be terrified as do the ducks and geese the rabbits refused to comment. The Farmer husband says he will hunt the fox, the farmer would like a no kill solution.
In other news the duck Tree Tree welcomes four ducklings in to the world, Congratulations momma take good care of them(Penny the goose says she will guard them and protect them as her own).
Reports show that the farmer is looking for a new buck for snowball the rabbit to have as a mate. Unclear when he might arrive.
In Goat news Daisy got her head stuck to her embarrassment yesterday, but has learned not to stick her head where it doesnt belong.(we hope).

On the home front the kids (human) are doing well. Lucy is enjoying home-school and is flying through the work. Joshua is growing and becoming quite the little comedian.
Josiah has learned to crawl forwards and he can sit up all by himself now.
Charlie has a doctors appointment to get the test results back on Monday from his three day eeg. He also has another dentist appointment come Thursday praying all goes well with both.
Me, I am just tired and enjoying the ride, we (Lucy, Charles and me (Joshua wont talk yet)) have a current compation going for the best/silliest joke. Mine from last week. Why didn't the hen want to lay an egg? She thought it was a yolk. Lucy current joke (its been her favorite for a few weeks) Why did the orange stop running? Because it ran out of juice. Charlies hasn't summited this weeks joke will be waiting to hear it lol.
I had one of the girls from our church over the other day (helping me she 15 about to be 16) she went to plug in her phone and she bent down to plug in the charger(on the wall next to a small counter is a mirror) she made what sounded like being shocked and i turn around she had scared herself in the mirror lol she wasnt expecting to see someone in her face lol. It was and is still too funny.

Well thats all folks until next week stay tune for more funny business from my side of the tracks until then fairwell.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, she a pretty good momma she bites me if i go near her babies and now the goose has taken to helping the momma protect them.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well Lilly went in to heat again. I could not milk her yesterday because they were going at it non stop flirtying and ect. Did not want him to miss the right time. So if they got the job done last night she due Jan 25 guess I find out in 21 days from now if she goes into heat. But this also means I am milking until November

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh and Daisy hasn't shown another heat so I am hoping she already got pregnant. I probably should find out how much that would cost to find out but with all the medical and other things needing to be fix yeah that probably wait. Oh I can remember if I told y'all but the electrical pole got fixed for alot less then we were first quoted. So now I can use all my appliances at one time (ac, hot water heater, stove, wash and dryer)and the power doesn't shut off I am over the moon.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh and Daisy hasn't shown another heat so I am hoping she already got pregnant. I probably should find out how much that would cost to find out but with all the medical and other things needing to be fix yeah that probably wait. Oh I can remember if I told y'all but the electrical pole got fixed for alot less then we were first quoted. So now I can use all my appliances at one time (ac, hot water heater, stove, wash and dryer)and the power doesn't shut off I am over the moon.

You can do the pregnancy tests but in Cattle we feel like it’s more accurate to just watch for a heat as they near what would be the next cycle.

I will say that we considered doing a blood text on one of our Nigerians this year because even though they aren’t seasonal breeders, their cycles aren’t always as defined during the “off” part of the year for the seasonal breeds. Didn’t get around to it and she’s got fetal movement and an udder and due in about five weeks!