A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

DustyBoot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That, is a pig-in-a-blanket, Klobansik or klobasniky.

This, is a Kolache, and every Texan should know that, almost from birth.
(all native Texans do)
http://texashillcountry.com/wp-content/uploads/Kolache-in-car-Rs-680x390.jpg

This is some kind of impersonation of a Kolache, an usurper of the term, an abomination, straight from the pits of hades...a hot dog by any other name is still a hot dog..
http://texashillcountry.com/wp-content/uploads/Klobasniky-rs-680x390.jpg

https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/kolache/

Blame the Czech bakeries in West, Texas. They're on I-35 between Waco and Dallas and have everyone convinced that klobasniky are kolaches. It's bad enough that, having lived in the Austin and/or Waco area most of my life, I call them kolaches for the sake of convenience even though I know better. :hide

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am just aa frustrated my husband says we can't take him. We might be able to sale a healthy buckling for 150 and spending 46 just to get him seen he says is to much .....I get his point but I don't have to like it. So please tell me its pink eye...

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am just aa frustrated my husband says we can't take him. We might be able to sale a healthy buckling for 150 and spending 46 just to get him seen he says is to much .....I get his point but I don't have to like it. So please tell me its pink eye...

I'm hoping some experts will be able to help soon. I still have a lot to learn. Can you tell if he scratched his eye or injured it? Is it just one eye? Are his eyes leaky or dry?

ETA: How is he acting? Anything unusual or odd in his behavior?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's both eyes he acts like he can see some what he follows my human kids and has followed his mother. He likes attention. He not very active but that could be because he can't see. He eats pretty well, he talks and wags his tale for us and the herd. I shinned a light in both eyes one side didn't react at all but the other did. The pictures are of both eyes. They aren't leaking and he doesn't have temp. He really only gets active when we are with him or he with the adults. I not sure what to do for him... I started giving him some viatems to help him. He is also still on the skinny side but once again might be because he can't see. He eats about 6oz each sitting so I am not sure what the issue is.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
@greybeard - dang it - you're gonna force me to go make some. I haven't made 'em in years - way back when I was married into a Czech family. It's been awhile, but once a baker...

Gotta go find some poppy seed filling. Nope, I don't make that part from scratch. If I can actually get myself to follow through I'll probably make prune too...maybe apricot. Spring break is next week, my granddaughter wants to do some baking - no more excuses I guess.
Kroger...next to the canned pie filling. Bought 2 cans today at the Kroger in New Caney. I got some dried apricots too...

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
He doing fine his only problem is his eyes really. He gets in and out of his house fine and walks around fine. Outside of his eyes and him being some what skinny which I I think is partly my fault for not being able to feed at night actually now that I think about it. My newborn son wakes up the moment I get out of bed he pretty much breastfeeds all night so getting up to feed Dancer is not really possible at night.(dancer is the kid's name)

Latest posts