A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol I have no handle on things I just have learned to trust the one that does. I guess close to two years ago my husband (after memory loss very long story)want a divorce. If it hadn't been for God we wouldnt be together. I am thankful for every moment together and after that major trial for us I have learned that worrying is over rated (grant I still try to sometimes) and I just need to trust God to work and ask him for help when I loss it which can be often.

Last edited:

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot tomorrow night is a drive in movie I have never been and always wanted to go I am so excited!!
Love the drive ins! I went for the first time last year and it was first time for my son as well. It was so much fun! We put some seats and a blanket for my son to lay in in the truck bed.

:heok you know life is an adventure. Ok so this week could milk at my normal time get and at 3am( we argue about the time) my husband has a seizure. So that was just scary(only his second last one was four-five years ago, had sever memory loss and still doesn't remember much before said seizure) this time no memory loss just a few cuts and bruises. They are sending him to another neurologist to see what's happening. Outside of those things life has been well life lol crazy and hectic but lots of fun.
Yikes! I hope they figure things out soon for your DH.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
My favorite oldest daughter is epileptic. I've dealt with seizures since she was 4 years old when she had her first. It's a very hard thing to have to watch and it puts a helluva strain on the body (& brain) of the person going through it. My daughter has had multiple shoulder dislocations and surgeries as a result. She had a head on collision with a boulder and peeled her face up on the steering wheel, that called for a bunch of surgery... She no longer drives. She's face planted on concrete several times and the list goes on... She no longer can work, can't drive, and suffers from anxiety disorders on top of it all. She's presently trying to get SSI disability started.

I hope they can determine what caused your husband's seizure. I hope he heals from the damages it caused.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to have them as a child thankfully I no longer do. I am not, nor was epileptic I don't believe he is either since he only had two in four nearly five years. He just has a tendency to standing when it starts that seems to cause a lot of damage. He gets seen on Tuesday by the neurologist. He other issue was when he was four he was shot with a shot gun so he has bbs still in him, one severed his optic nerve in one eye the bb is still there. Last time the did an MRI and it didn't show that the bb had moved so hopefully it still hasn't.

Other unrelated news... My doe snowball(rabbit) lost all three of her kits after a month( first on vanished) I found two this morning in the nesting box covered in ants. The off the ground the dang ants either killed them or the died some how and the ants found them:he:barnie

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok so Charlie had the test done wait to hear back. They were talking about a few more test yay... Anyways the kids are great(human) so that awesome. Lucy started kindergarten now and is doing great and listening YAY lol(homeschooling).
Farm news.
Stormy my other doe (rabbit) had a litter of five, one died but the others are doing great. Snowball (rabbit doe) has been re breed so we see how this goes. By the end of this month beganing of July I should have kits, along with a goat kid, chicks(broody hen), ducklings(broody duck hens). Babies babies everywhere. So excited. I betting that daisy will give birth while I am working vbs. Either way I just thrilled. We keep about gallon of milk constantly in the fridge.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok seriously starting to dislike rabbits... She lost all five the other three I found yesterday day full belly's looked like they were sleeping I thinking they may have gotten to hot???? High was 100+ so yeah I don't know... But if I don't get a litter soon that make it to adult hood my husband might make a push to get rid of them. :he:he

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok seriously starting to dislike rabbits... She lost all five the other three I found yesterday day full belly's looked like they were sleeping I thinking they may have gotten to hot???? High was 100+ so yeah I don't know... But if I don't get a litter soon that make it to adult hood my husband might make a push to get rid of them. :he:he

I have forgotten..what part of Tx are you in?
I ask, because my niece breeds/raises/sells Lionheads, Mini Rex, Harlequins, & Champagnes near Dayton Tx (20 miles SE of me) and she hasn't had much trouble from the heat that I'm aware of. R.E.Ws and American Blues too.