A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
The real culprit is a gray fox. The goats are concerned they say, the chickens report to be terrified as do the ducks and geese the rabbits refused to comment. The Farmer husband says he will hunt the fox, the farmer would like a no kill solution...
as the fox laughs heartily and haughtily, envisioning his next free meal...

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Should I be concerned??? She an buck went at it on Tuesday so what does this mean...

Attachments

• 1534745730087367102653.jpg
    1534745730087367102653.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 253

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you!! You would think they would have mentioned that in the books... I scanned my book I still have and nothing about discharge... I was kinda hoping my memory was suffering from lack of sleep but nope I am not that bad yet lol. Any books y'all can recommend even through y'all have a better tendency to help me with answers I just feel like I researched in the wrong books now...

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Farm news.
The fox hasnt returned, the chickens are relieved. The geese have migrated to another pen with more fitting companions according to them. (they flew in to the duck pen i point out these are toulouse geese and by no means skinny and yet they can fly over a over five feet high and for quite a distance). The rabbits report to be enjoying the new location for their pen which provides no stop shade and a strong breeze much better then where they had been. The goats have several complaints about their current pen, from fencing problems to lack of things to browse on. They have reported said and other problems (lack of toys ect.) to the landlord who has yet to get out to fix the issues. if this continues they might take it up with a high authority or just go on strike. Also the does are complaining about being watched to much but the landlord while trying to mate with their buck. They claim its a violation of their rights, its being currently looked into. Stella the dog claims there is so much to do that she cant seem to find the time to manage to take a bath so she has take up jumping in to every water container on the property. Garfield and Phoebe only complaint is that stella like to bark at them.

House news.
The human kids are doing well, Lucy read her first word all by herself yesterday, Joshua picked out and dressed himself this morning. Josiah has been crawling around nothing is safe lol. I been getting new school items in from friends that i am running out of places to keep everything. i am almost completely caught up on house chores. Dove season starts this weekend and we plan on going hunting so that should be interesting. i also will be saling off some chickens hopefully this weekend but we shall see i need to clean out the coop and finish prepping the garden for my autumn plants and need to put the seeds in the pots i am almost to late. i am been tempted just to go buy the plants but i am not so sure i should considering everything. Charles got his teeth fixed they still want to do some more things to him. the kids are going on the 4 to the dentist lucy has two cavities that i have seen that need to be fixed. the kids are also getting cranky because i taken away the tv for the most part and they are being force to spend more time outside. (Lucy devoloped an additude when it comes to watching tv so its been even more limited then normal they now get maybe one cartoon instead of two or three if they were really good). i cant decided what to do with some of the animals we have i want to keep them but at the same time we cant build another coop right now and i have about 30 chickens so some have to go for now but i like all of them silly chicken math. i also have three geese i need to process and three ducks. i keep debating about saling the hens or processing some of them instead. but if i sale them i can buy some meat birds... thoughts

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well we went dove hunting with the 3 kids, and just to see how she would handle gun fire the dog. My hubby shot 6 doves, the dog actually didn't freak out and bonus she a natural at finding the birds and not touching them unless they alive and trying to get away the she just holds them.... I was amazed and my husband is now excited about the dog lol. Stella got tired after the third bird and had to rest for a bit the she found the rest before my husband could lol.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Farm News
Okay first my husband finally agreed to register the goats. Now i just need to come up with a farm name, a herd name, and a brand. So far we havent agreed on the names either of us have come up with. He came up with Mikolajczyk Farm, Becky's Homestead. I came up with Charlie's Pride lol this might end up harder for us then naming the kids lol. He didn't like mine because he says the farm is more me than him which is kinda true i do most of the labor even the fencing, cleaning, feeding and you get the ideal. However every once in a while like on monday he helped me out by replacing some of the fencing with electric fencing instead since the goats had destoyed my fence the brats lol. Now there are two electric wires between the goat yard and chicken/duck/geese pen so that the birds can go either way but the goats cant get in to the bird yard. Which means they cant kill my oak trees, eat the bird feed, or play on the coop ramps all of which they have done or tried to do before. Now i just got to get out there and clean the pens yay and it will look so much better. Charlie says he isnt finished yet so i cant wait to see what else he does with the fencing. Any ways, i sold 12 of my chickens the other days so now i have 10 layers two roosters and three chicks. It also means i can now add some of the other breeds i wanted like the marans, olive layers and the ones that lay the blue eggs but i am need to make sure they are the bigger dual purpose if possible so more chicken research head yay lol i love researching animal breeds. I also plan on doing more research on the goats. i need to learn more there and need to find some good books on them. I have a decent on but doesnt have all the info i need.
garden wise i nearly have it ready for planting and i have the seeds in pots started so yay thats finally moving. just need to add some fertilizer to the garden and keep the weeds out and we are golden.
House news
i caught up on dishes the other day lol and now i need to wash some more lol i nearly dislike dishes completely lol i think my major hang up is how many i use lol. like the other night to make chicken paremason i made noodles from scratch then along with everything else. I have learned i prefer everything homemade over from the store but unfortunately that cause its own problems like dishes. whats funny is after i finish dishes i need to make bread, muffin, flour and corn tortillas, cookies and some other snacks lol.
on the homeschooling front i have decided to go back to what we were doing but still using some of the new books. the new books are just for phonics, reading and math but they mean she only has that day for each letter and sound if we finished the how book by next year. The focus of these books is solely phonics really she doing well she just not enjoying it as much as the way we were doing school. i keep debating about all this there are so many ways to homeschool i just feel very incapable of teaching her is some regard i think i am just feeling over whelmed by all the options and that i keeping getting new material from my friends and it would probably help if i just came up with a lesson plan for the whole year instead as well. Before we were doing English(phonics,penmanship, reading), Math (counting, addition, greater and less than), Bible( Stories, verses), Science, Social studies (maps, community), Art, Music. Granted she did alot of work with the way we were doing it, it was more in the since of variety then the new lesson books.... if i was to follow their sole curriculum that is. i just need to keep thinking about this. she gotten to lesson 8 in her new work books, i might just adjust everything again to fit her.