A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
So i bought new boots finally and also a new tool that was on sale. I already scuffed up my new boots oh well they feel so good to my ankles. My new tool is a knife, shears, and wire cutters all in one it's awesome.

Attachments

• 15948583691692109375281.jpg
    15948583691692109375281.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 113
  • 15948584276301476992566.jpg
    15948584276301476992566.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 115

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I ordered my seeds from baker creek the other day so they should be coming soon. The garden been. Getting work on. I need to do alot more work on it and also make more rabbit tractor also a new coop for the chickens. Ok I still have alot a work along with house work, sewing I need to work on those quilts a stuffed chicken, a stick horse, and several Christmas presents for the kids I need to order the fabic and I need to order a pressure canner, and a new incubator. Adventually a milk separator as well ahh so much to do. Seems never can say i don't have plently to do lol. Add in four kids and three of which do some kind of school the 4 yr old seems to want to do more school i wish he would talk more he says something a but mostly he likes to act like a dolphin and use echo location. The 2yr old likes to do school as well. The 7 yr old doesn't like masterbooks work books she wants me to make school the books are to slow so i an adding things as we go. The other day we made banana muffins and used it as a lesson for adding fractions, multiplication and division. Little Lady seems like she alittle stiff this morning I wonder if when i let her out for a little bit with the cow herd if someone got her good. She been acting to roudy with me and the goats only play so hard that i been letting her out with the herd for socializing. She likes it but always come back to her goats and her house lol. She still head butting my legs and mostly out of play but dang I forgot how hard the hit it has been years since the last calves i raised. But those were bull calves that were freezer bound. I nervous about it if she doesnt out grow it. She doesn't respond to much to me stomping or hitting her nose anymore. I tried some objects to make noise to scare her but apparently she trusts me so much that after the first scare she decides that it's not so scary.... and it doesn't worry her at all. I still have to run from her tongue she likes to lick me lol it's a giant cat tongue it hurts after a while. She also still likes to nurse on my fingers so i have to keep my hands from her mouth. I waiting to leave her in the front pasture with the buckling until the fence is more predator proof as we had a calf and momma cow killed by a pack of now dead dogs but still more get dropped off out here and I don't want to wake to find my animals killed if i can help it. Monday hatch day for my chicken hens eggs i am hoping she has a good hatch. And the duck should be a week or two after can't quite remember when she set. Oh well. I am avoiding buying chicks part of me wants to but the hens have better get it going. Along with a new incubator. Anyways i need to get moving the kids are up and well you know they always hungry. I need to get them back on a schedule the 1am mommy bed time isn't working for me and I need to be up at five but wont be until i get more sleep which means they need to go to bed earlier. And wake earlier. San Antonio and Bexar county have lost it on covid. I am not so much against the act of wearing a mask its more the fact they they want to make it a punishable offense and also tell me that i don't have a choice. Around here the business will be fined 1000-5000 per every person not wearing a mask also they are telling everyone to call the companies in for not kicking people out for not wearing a mask. Some have medical issues and can't wear one. First from my perspective forcing me to wear a mask but also saying my kids don't seems redundant because of the then stated thing that they could be carriers or any number of things they come up with. I am not the kind to go and expose others to illness if we sick. That being said also this time of year my mild asthma thats allergy induced cause me to have coughing fits but now if i cough in a store i am going to be kicked out.... or. If i can't wear a mask to me that's insanity. There are people who need groceries that can't enter because of this mask thing and yes i know they say they have medical expections but tell that to the business who are being threaten with a large fine. People who see someone with out a mask aren't going to know that a person as issues unless said perosn has a oxygen tank or other obvious signs. But police have been at several business blocking access to stores to those with out mask sorry but that does make my hair stand up. Anyways i got off topic and off to cook i go.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh I forgot one of the ladies i sold some geese to decide that as of right now what ever chicks her hens hatch she wants to give them to me. As she doesnt want or need any more. However funny note they are all bantams so now I need a plan to what to do with those things. I am thinking of just processing them once they hit full size as one i don't need or want bantams because i have to build a whole new area for them so the hens would be away from my standard roosters i didn't realize they were bantams until after i agreed lol oh well chickens are chickens. Lol

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I already scuffed up my new boots oh well they feel so good to my ankles.
Given what all you have to do I'm not surprised!

San Antonio and Bexar county have lost it on covid.
That does seem odd since they are pretty low on the 7 day moving average. Maybe given the recent rapid increase all across the south they are trying to nip it in the bud?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
This was well before it started to increase unforantly they got told they couldn't fine indivuals by the governors office before the mandate went into effect. They tend to be very um corrupt i guess is the best word for it. They have kicked out the prisonors but will arrest people for not obeying their mask law or other ones they tried to put into practice. I don't know i am not really into politics my husband is i tend tend to what's already around me and let others do the same. I have alot of older friends and they don't understand the craziness either. Our area hasn't had that many cases however what ever San Antonio does the people in office follow. Ironically we aren't allowed to vote in the elections in our area but they can dictate what we do... we on the out skirts and yeah its just ridiculous.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a tiny rabbit hid so i made a coin purse. Very simple mostly because of the size of the rabbit.

Attachments

• 1595185676423570200832.jpg
    1595185676423570200832.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 100

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Duff my favorite (one of them) died yesterday. She was one of the sweetest little pigs. She wanted to be petted and wanted you to pretty much hold her. She gonna be missed. The day before she died she wasn't wanting to eat much and clearly was feeling well. I took out eggs and milk to her and hand fed her both. After eating she laid her head on my arm. And snuggles. She greeted me yesterday morning from. A mud hole she was in and seemed to be feeling so what better. So i let her be. I found her around three dead. After doing an autopsy which i have no clue what to look for @The_V's was nice enough to look at the pictures and help determine what was the cause. Look to be heat sickness and a damaged liver from bad feed from before we got her. I am concerned for the others as well hoping and praying we don't lose them as well. Sally and may seem to be. Perfectly healthy and spunky. Gruff is his happy self as well so is priss. Yesterday I believe all three of our females went into a heat. Gruff needs to mature some more he wasn't interested in them so they were frustrated to say the least.

Attachments

• 20200705_124215.jpg
    20200705_124215.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20200708_113558.jpg
    20200708_113558.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20200708_113522.jpg
    20200708_113522.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Latest posts