A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any fresh oregano? Even dry -- spice cabinet! That is helpful, has anti bacterial and anti inflammatory values. With dousing for the mites and eating that it may clear. You would know in just a few days of use.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made some for the ear mits using apple cider vinegar, following oils grape seed oil, apricot oil, sunflower oil and a few others its natural baby oil that has al those oils in it and frankincense oil I have

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used mineral oil, applied with an eye dropper. I did a monthly application as a preventative. If there was a case of ear mites, they got daily treatment until the crusty crud was gone. I also cleaned the softened crud out with Qtips.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do have oregano growing.in my garden I give.him a leaf or two

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay yeah I did clean with qtips and also doing.the. Treatment I made daily. The one that had them the worst is.seperated.inside.a dog crate in the house. As I was treating.him some.of the white gunk came out and so I kept masaging.and. Adding drops.and.the most of.the gunk gone and his.ear canal where.it.was completely blocked is.now.completely clear

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Castor oil would be good. It helps with scaly leg mites by smothering them but it is also antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal. Gets rid of warts too, though it takes time :D

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Castor oil would be good. It helps with scaly leg mites by smothering them but it is also antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal. Gets rid of warts too, though it takes time :D

My mom's two favorite remedies when I was a kid were castor oil (topically)
and ACV (internal and topical). Those two really do cover quite a lot of problems.

Last edited:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alrightly then going to hopefully be not to long winded here. So the garden growing well. I still need to get a few supplies such as a canner and more jars. That this can go on for awhile. Anyways dh company is doing well. We are loking at hire another driver, we already have one other besides dh but busisness is and has been very busy and we could use another driver . As it is dh has been gone alot and thats is hard on him and me, and the kids. But that's fine its part of life. Ok so the pig stil hasnt popped so I quit she is worse the the goats. Who are also due, I betting I see babies in december right after a cold front and it will be nasty weather lol. On other news I am getting ready to process the geese and ducks. My duck wax came in I am hoping it works well for the feathers. Dd1 is overly excited about having goose for thanksgiving. She been talking alot about it. I come back later and try to finish this but pretty much lots to do and such like most of the time lol.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like things are "normally busy"..... Glad that the business is doing well, and that they are busy even though it is hard for everyone with the separation.
One tip for cooking the goose.....Cook it on a rack so the fat/grease drips into the pan below the goose. I cooked one for my new in-laws all those years ago.....for Thanksgiving...... BRAVE or STUPID.... but a friend told me about putting it up on a rack to cook and it was a GOD send.... It came out PERFECT..... good flavor.... not greasy...... slow roasting.