A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sweetheat had her kids, she completely rejected them didnt even want to clean them. Pretty sure my male pig helped with that as I found the buckling clean and the doeling was wet and cold and as I was cleaning her he came over and helped. Tried to get her to take them she ran for her life and hasnt called or anything for them I milked her she was fine with it and I feed the kids they are now inside the house. Might try again later but with out her calling or even any mother action from her I don't see it happening. The other doe is due to go hoping for a better mommy there.

Attachments

• 20210112_080021.jpg
    20210112_080021.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 70

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately not yet possible. I also waiting for it to warm up some before taking them back outside. The doeling was overly cold she was just laying there like she was dead. She now full of life and warm but momma didnt even want to clean them and when I was there towel drying them she didnt care.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well at least bottle fed kids are a lot of fun! And your human kids are probably loving having them in the house with them.
Sorry your doe is such an indifferent mother, that's discouraging. I guess she better be a fantastic milker to make up for it.
They are marked beautifully, love those long ears.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I took them back to her for a bit she didnt want much to do with them she let them nurse when I tied and bribef her with alfalfa but other wise she acted like they were to scary I got her to smell them but other then that not much else. The pig was very excited about.them through he cute but still I need her to be mom not him lol. And our calf little lady loved them as well. So far she given a quart and a half of colostrum so not bad for her first day.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agree with @Baymule you always seem to get it figured out and deal with it. I think that the pig may have interferred with the bonding also. They all really need to have a little quiet and private time with new babies.... that is why nearly all our cows go off by themselves to calve.....but congrats and hopefully she will get it figured out with your help and patience.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
well cookie had her babies early this morning she also first rejected them. no pigs this time I blocked them from the goat house because she looked like she was going to go. took most of the day for her to get it through her head that ahe was going to accept them. also got sweetheart to take hers the other day no bottle feeding for me hiphip horay going to have one more due in spring I believe somewhere between march and april. piglets hopefully in febuary. we see. also baby bunnies as well. going to go look at land next weekend near tyler area so excited. we have a friend watch the farm for me. be right back