A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
So havent posted on my owm thread in awhile. Lets seee... not much nee going on. All three rabbit does have had their kits. Two had seven, one of sugars died even after transfering over to snowball who always has plently of milk. Sugar can only handle six kits more then that and they are skinny and generally die. Plum had six. So in total of living kits we have 19. I be keeping a few of snowballs does kits for more breeders. Then sugars and plums will be sold or processed. Eventually i need a new buck as walter will be the father of most of my does all but snowball.
Goats. Going to be keeping the the doeling kids and processibg the buckling who has been wethered. Panda is getting some milk in her udder first due date is in june second is in July we see when she goes also my two meat does are also due around then as well. We see how this all turns out. The pigs well one looks to have alot of milk now and her vulva is swollen we see if she finally gives us piglets and the other i am not sure if she is or isnt pregnant we see. Stella killed our gander them other day so now i only have two females both are going to a new home. We been talking about getting rid of them for awhile this just gave us the push for it. I think i finally got a head count on the dang chickens possible 26 maybe 30 they wont sit still. Once we get them moved into the new coop i know the exact number. Ducks will also be housed with the chickens until we build them a coop. Got the rabbit houses cleaned out and need to clean out goat and pig houses next. My own house as well it so pretty outside i whether be out there but homeschool calls and so does house work and i need to go get some ice and drop off those two geese.... sighs always alot to do.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you access where the chickens roost at night without freaking them out and take a picture while they are on the roosts? I find it's easier to count from a picture so they aren't moving around and causing confusion.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol i dont count the roosters or chicks. One of my daughter bantams found away into the subflooring of the house and is nesting as soon as her brood comes out the hole will be fixed. Little lady our calf came up with the herd and she back in with the goats she was acting like she was starving. I doubt she was but i don't like her out right now certian people are cranky and i am not letting them in the pasture for now. Will be getting a round bale asap doubt the goats will eat but she will. One of the geese looks to may have gone broody on a small clutch of eggs might keep them for now. Personally i like goose. Lots to think about on that. Need to clean some more today and school.... putting dd2 down for nap and hopefully get ds2 down for nap as well.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like this farm is done for the temporary. Which i dont like one bit. But its life and life goes on. I keep trying to rememeber its not quiting its just a short time before we back on a farm and it will have our name on it. Not sure what else can be said on this.
So moving on lol.
Lucy Dd1 caught some virus no clue what but has fever and her stomach was off and on upset. And she had a head ache and been tired. So far no one else has it. However they all seem abnormally tired but that could be growth and me wearing them out mmm. Anyways besides that as some know i sold some animals have others posted and if they dont sale to the auction they go. Cant take piggies to market they expecting and same for some goats.