A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
The "offers and suggestions" seem to have ever been only that. It's difficult for your DH because it's family and he has feelings. But best thing you all could do is move! At that point, if an offer is made and IN WRITING by a lawyer, you can renegotiate. It becomes your decision and legal agreement....no more dangling the prize only to yank it away. Set yourself free.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with Mini Horses, they seem to keep dangling offers in front of your husband in order to get him to dance to their tune. Promises regarding property are not valid unless they are in writing, then they are legally binding.

I'd keep planning to move and get your own property where they will have no say or influence.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our goal is still to leave ego the rv it allows us to be able to buy just land and go. The thing is if we can atleast stay till january it will allow us to save more money and be stable to leave as the oposite if we have to leave by september. Either way he and me both prefer to leave. I just was sharing what they now saying and yes they have stated the house thing before its why i said i could care less on it. They tend to offer things when they know we leaving. Dh thinks we qualify for only two types of loans right now one being ffa and other being a loan for land i cant remember the name of it... hmm anyways mostly i been worried he would change his mind but so far he is admit that we leave. Its his family and no matter how crazy he has a hard time leaving expecially his grandparents.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kinda sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong but do you REALLY want to live in an RV given the size of your family?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do i really want to... depends on the size lol one that we are looking at are larger and have basically three bedrooms two bathrooms a large living/dinning and kitchen space and have a closet for laundry . Do i think it be easy or fun no..but at the moment limited options. We not sure if we can get a loan even with a down payment but if we have a enough to out right buy a smaller piece of land then we can atleast do something as opposed to nothing. The rv will also buy us time to save more money while also being able to leave. I would prefer to get a house but thats pretty far reaching. Because of the fact we put all the extra money from the company back into the company it shows on our taxes we lost money and didnt make any. So most banks we talked said that we had to have two good years for us to qualify for a loan dh says he might have found a company or two that work with us basised off bank statements only. So we see its why we making a temporary plan incase we cant do what we would prefer it atleast gives a roof over our heads and the ability to maybe keep some of the animals. Renting kinda of out we been told no by most places the one person who said he would be okay with us is remodeling the house last we heard and havent heard anything new from there. But if we did we only keep the pets and not livestock.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know your situation but I would move. One thing I found out early on is take care of yourselves. You can't work effectively or help others if you are downing. And u can't take care of your self if someone is balled up like a coon on a dog's head in the pond on your head. Another thing I have learned is things are things and people are people. Don't waste your time on material things especially the "this has been in the family" stuff. I am watching and waiting for similar situations around me to end they don't effect me I'm just watching. As for the family the old ones will die the the situation could get better or it could get worse. So why wait. Alot of people on here want to become self sufficient. To me that means from people as well as the gov. I'm only reliant on my wife and kids and God. And when my kids are old enough just my wife and God.
Very well put.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
one that we are looking at are larger and have basically three bedrooms two bathrooms a large living/dinning and kitchen space and have a closet for laundry .
OK, Iooked those up. How are you going to "house" 5 kids in 2 beds 29" wide??

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can do whatever you have to if you see light at the end of the tunnel... I agree that if you could buy a piece of land, and KNOW that it is yours, then living accommodations can be worked with for awhile.... out from under the mental stress at the home place. I support both of you for seeing things as they are,,,, and sticking to your guns....And with an RV that does not leak, does not have electric issues, doesn't have bugs in the woodwork, I think even if it is tight you can do it. You can put up an outside storage building of some sort, to be able to keep other things so that you can get a little more out of the living space in the rv..... :hugs

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
True plus that would prevent the need for a storage unit that we have to pay for atleast once we get our land. Plus we dont exactly live in a large home. We have a 1000sq foot trailer that we currently live and and we had to live out of one room and bathroom one summer for a week or more waiting for ac parts to come in. Honestly it could be 300sq foot and i dont think we would care at this point. Dh was trying to work on one of the tractors and he cant even do that without his father telling him it wont work anyways and is pointless. His grandmother asked him to so he could help her mend some fencing.... wouldnt think it would be that big of a deal but its like that about anything. Dh is an awesome mechanic and i have yet to see an engine he cant fix if he has time and the work place to do it. I am tired of then putting him down. I feel better after talking to midwife i think i was nervous she wouldnt do an rv birth i know some wont her comment was babies dont care where they born as long as they take care of (she didnt use those exact words hers were more colorful lol just not okay posting(she been a friend for awhile now she delierved dd2 and has known me for the last 7 years or so)) so thats got me feeling abit better and less stressed. I think thats one thing i am gonna miss the most about this area is our church family and friends we have made.

Latest posts