A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The guys doing the cell tower road and grading and stuff just went and bought a new ford.... because the last 3 GMC 's he has had have been total headaches. He said he had been buying and using the GMC trucks for years and years, but he just got to the point that every time he turned around, it was another problem. He is the kind that trades in every couple of years due to road miles and all that traveling all over.... And they have probably 6-10 trucks on the road and working at the sites.
I think some of it is the year. They also had a new "excavator" of some sort, it only had 150 hours on it and the engine blew. Covered and all by warranty, by like he said, in the meantime they had to rent one. Also had problems with the machine that they use to pound through the ledge and rock.... like a jack hammer on a machine.... and resorted to renting one of them again while his is in the shop. He said it has been a "year" for them. It seems like it is the same for us.... tractor and machinery problems.... sure the discbine getting torn up was my son's "fault" but still, one more thing added that went wrong.... and the messed up water hydrant yesterday....
Not to mention the predator problem i, and several others here, have been having.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @Jesusfreak101,

I thought I'd let you know that I am now stalking you! I just started on page 1 of your journal but hope to get caught up to the present soon...

Senile Texas Aggie
Well atleast that explains all the alerts i was getting lol. Have fun its drama filled and a good tale not lol my life is pretty well it's life and its the only one I got so we go with that lol.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spent the weekend goofing off. Now I have more work so school might be off this week. We hung out with extended family saturday on the property then Sunday we went out to eat with on of dhs cousins and then went and visits his uncle and aunt and played cards well into the night I was falling asleep their table and the cards started blurring i was so tired and the animals were mad at me when we got back. Their already out and about in the pasture and the rest are fed so i made it up to them and didn't sleep in. Dh is getting ready to leave doing some maintenance on the truck because he be gone pretty much all week. He swing by one day for a shower and possible spend the night and head out earlier morning the next day. So i need to get as much done as i can to get ready for the week ahead. Need to make a meal plan and get everything just so. Oh I also sewed some this weekend made a table runner, serving place may, a few napkins and I think that might have been it beside repairing toys. ... yeah that sounds right. Still have a few toys and some cloths to fix but good other wise i need some more work blue jeans to use for the napkins to make enough but it is what it is. Ooo I also made paperless paper towels lol i forgot about those. Anyways still need to make more and I have some fabric i going to try to use for other projects... I still haven't made the slip covers but i did just remember so i might make those. I want something i can take off and wash for now... the there a matching napkin set to go with the runner and place mat. Then the other thing is another napkin.

Attachments

• 15964659910331444363456.jpg
    15964659910331444363456.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 15964660097761170899704.jpg
    15964660097761170899704.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 15964660298881161726374.jpg
    15964660298881161726374.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 15964660427571442949589.jpg
    15964660427571442949589.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 253

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
on that i really think they keep making things more frustratingly cheaper and cheaper each year we tend to buy older vehicles that my husband can work on. we also prefer less computer components then the newer ones. my husband had alot of complaints about the last company he worked for. wont go into that but i prefer something he knows as to something he doesnt,

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay so i am not sure what to think . but i my grandfather on my mother side is in the hospital he been having some issues the dr told him they dont know whats wrong with him and want to release him because there isnt anything they can do for him according to them. then my grandmother on my fathers side is having a heart valve problem its pumping the blood backwards and they are telling her they wont operate because of her copd/sever lung issues. so yeah. my nephew had a seizure and during which he broke his jaw and a tooth. they dont know why he had it. but are looking at two possibilities one being his thyroid medication was causing the issue or two there another cancer they dont know about. they are running with the first of those for now. my mom having job issues mostly rudeness on others part. my oldest brother last i heard was with out a job and looking and he has two babies and a wife she doesnt work. so they about to be evicted again and yeah lots of drama my life was mildly calm so it had to come about at some point. not sure what to think of any of it but please pray is all i can do myself and all i can ask.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That all sounds pretty awful! I understand not doing the heart operation since the lung condition could kill her during the operation. Not sure about your grandfather, can't figure out what is wrong so just quit and send him him home? Sounds like he needs to see a different doctor.
:hugs

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agreed but i doubt he will go to one and I agree on my grandmother its just frustrating. I honestly don't have much of a relationship with well any of my grandparents. They aren't found of me for their own reasons. But that's neither here nor there. It's part of why I don't know what to think. I get the Dr side for the most part at least on my grandmother . For my grandfather they just saying it's age now so i personally think it's a out instead of saying we don't know. My momma and dad are having a harder time with it then i am. Hard to have a relationship with those that don't approve of you or what you do unless it benefits them.

Latest posts